Winter in Swedish Lapland
TRAVEL PERIOD: WINTER
Winter in Swedish Lapland
This tour will be truly unique. Are you ready to try out a variety of winter activities? On top of that you might be lucky to see the Northern Lights dancing above your head. Make sure to dress warm, you do not want to be freezing during your night at the Icehotel!
- Day 1: Arrival in Kiruna Welcome to Sweden! Upon arrival you will be met by your private bus and guide for an introductory city sightseeing tour. After this, you have the rest of the day free at leisure. Make sure to get a good rest so you can start your winter adventure tomorrow!
- Day 2: Sami Culture After breakfast you start your adventure by diving into the Sami culture. You will learn lots about their traditions and daily life nowadays. In the evening, you will go out again to go on a Northern Lights hunt by dog sled. Enjoy the ride, watch the stars and with a little luck you can watch the Northern Lights as well.
- Day 3: Moose Safari When you think of Sweden, a moose will most likely come across your mind. Today you will go on a guided tour to see moose in the wilderness. This is a great opportunity to see them, since the guide knows where they have their favorite spots. The rest of the day is at your own disposal. Maybe you are lucky to see some Northern Lights during a nice evening walk after dinner?
- Day 4: Icehotel The Icehotel is a unique hotel. Tonight, you will be staying for one night. You have the opportunity to sleep in an ice room, or for the ones who prefer a normal room they of course have that as well. Upon arrival you will have a guided tour through the hotel. After that you can make your own ice sculpture as well. In the evening, you will go on a Northern Lights hunt on a snow mobile. Keeping fingers crossed you will see them!
- Day 5: Husky Visit After this eventful night you will go back to the hotel in Kiruna. During the day, you will visit a kennel of sledge dogs. You will learn how they are trained, and you finish off the visit with some traditional Fika. In the evening, you will have a nice dinner at a spot, where you are mostly likely to see the northern lights again!
- Day 6: Forest Tour by Snowmobile Today you will have a guided snowmobile tour through the forest. Watch out, not only for the trees, but also for the animals in the forest! You might be lucky to see moose or reindeer walking around. In the afternoon, you can relax during a traditional Swedish sauna. In the evening you should take a walk outside and watch the stars and northern lights. This will be a true once-in-a-lifetime memory!
- Day 4: Departure Transfer to the airport and departure.
• 6x overnight/s in twin rooms with private facilities
• 6x Scandinavian breakfast buffet
Transport & Transfers
• All bus and transfer services
Excursions & Activities
• Guided tour in Kiruna
• Guided tour at Sami camp
• Northern Lights tour with Dog-sledge
• Moose Safari
• Guided Tour at Icehotel
• Make your own ice sculpture
• Snowmobile tour with Northern Lights
• Kennel visit of sledge dogs
• Dinner under Northern Lights
• Guided Forest Tour with snowmobile
• Swedish Sauna
One person free of charge from fifteen paying persons.