TRAVEL PERIOD: 01.05-31.09.2023
This car tour will give you an impression of the Norwegian diversity – from the Norwegian inland with its forests to the dramatic coastal scenery, from high mountains to deep fjords and from the Norwegian capital to small villages. Highlights during this round-trip are the Atlantic Ocean Road, the Troll Road, Geirangerfjord, Trondheim – Norway’s former capital, Røros – the mining town added to UNESCO’s World Heritage List, and Oslo – the capital of Norway.
- Day 1: Oslo – Lillehammer Arrival in Oslo, the capital of Norway. Drive from Oslo via Hamar to Lillehammer, the host town of the 1994 Winter Olympics. In Lillehammer we recommend a visit at Maihaugen Open Air Museum. Also recommendable is a visit at the Olympic Museum and the Olympic Arena. Accommodation in 4* hotel in Lillehammer city centre.
- Day 2: Lillehammer – Røros Breakfast at the hotel. Drive through the Gudbrandsdalen Valley to Ringebu before continuing along the Ronde Road with a view of the beautiful Rondane National Park. In Østerdalen Valley, where you will have the possibility to see foxes and elks, the route continues in northern direction along Norway’s longest river Glomma to the mining town of Røros. The town is one of the oldest towns of wooden buildings in Europe and is one of the few mining towns in the world that has been found worthy of a place on UNESCO’s World Heritage List. Accommodation in 4* hotel in Røros
- Day 3: Røros- Trondheim Breakfast at the hotel. Departure from Røros in north western direction to Trondheim. The city was founded by Viking King Olav Tryggvason in 997 BC and occupies a special place in Norwegian culture and history. Trondheim was Norway’s first capital and continues to be the coronation city for the Norwegian kings. Accommodation in 4* hotel in Trondheim.
- Day 4: Trondheim Breakfast at the hotel. Day at your own disposal in Trondheim. Norway’s third largest city and a well-known university town – with everything a big city can offer, yet with the cozy appeal of small-town friendliness. Accommodation in 4* hotel in Trondheim
Day 5: Antlantic Ocean Road – Molde
Breakfast at the hotel. Today the journey continues in south-western direction to Nordmøre – a region characterized by the amazingly short distances between high mountain ranges and the wild open sea. A short ferry crossing (not included) from Halsa to Kanestraum will bring you
towards the clip fish town of Kristiansund. From here there is a tunnel that will connect you to Bremsnes and the Atlantic Ocean Road. The 8.3 km long road is built on several small islands and skerries, and is spanned by eight bridges and several landfills. Continue on the scenic
road via Hustad and Bud to Molde, the Town of Roses. Molde is well known for the beautiful nature surrounding it, including the Molde Panorama with its 222 mountain peaks. Accommodation in 4* hotel in Molde.
- Day 6: Molde – Geirangerfjord Breakfast at the hotel. Morning departure by ferry (not included) across the Molde fjord to Vestnes. Continue to Åndalsnes where you will ascend the famous Troll Road. The road has 11 turns and the highest point is 858 meters above sea level. A short ferry crossing (not included) from Linge to Eidsdal will bring you to the Eagle Road, with panoramic view of the Geirangerfjord. The Geirangerfjord was added to the UNESCO world heritage list in 2005 and is truly a spectacular sight with its waterfalls and steep hills. Accommodation in 4* hotel in Geiranger.
- Day 7: Geiranger – Sogndal Breakfast at the hotel. Today you take the ferry from Geiranger to Hellesylt (included) and continue to drive south till the charming city of Sogndal. Passing through the wild Norwegian nature, you might catch sight of the glaciers. In the late afternoon, enjoy an historic boat tour that will take you to one of the most epic battles of the Viking age (can be included).
- Day 8: Sogndal – Beitostølen Breakfast at the hotel. Continue to the mountain village of Beitostølen, in view of the impressive Jotunheimen Mountain range with Galdhøpiggen as Norway’s highest mountain at 2469 metres. Accommodation in a 4-star hotel in Beitostølen area.
Day 9: Beitostølen – Oslo
Breakfast at the hotel. Leave Beitostølen heading south via Fagernes and Hønefoss to Oslo. The Norwegian capital is beautifully situated at the head of the Oslo Fjord and surrounded by forest. Enjoy a relaxing dinner on an electric boat (can be included).
Accommodation in a 4-star hotel in Oslo.
- Day 10: Departure Breakfast at the hotel. Departure from Oslo according to your own itinerary.
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Lillehammer with breakfast
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Røros with breakfast
• 2 nights in a centrally located hotel in Trondheim with breakfast
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Molde with breakfast
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Geiranger with breakfast
• 1 night in a hotel in Sogndal with breakfast
• 1 night in a hotel in the Beitostølen area with breakfast
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Oslo with breakfast
Transport & Transfer
Services that are not included
• Rental car -rates can be offered on request
• Ferry crossings as follows have to be paid on the spot: Halsa – Kanestraum, Molde – Vestnes, Linge – Eisdal
If you’re wondering what Røros is known for, you will find the answer at a local farm (Eggen Gardsysteri) where you can stop for a traditional meal, such as the Pjalt.