TRAVEL PERIOD: WINTER
During this program you will visit the vibrant cities Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo as well as the dramatic landscapes of the North. If you’re lucky, you might even be able to spot the Northern Lights dancing in the skies.
- Day 1: Arrival in Stockholm Welcome to Stockholm! The Royal Capital of Sweden. Discover a city like no other where well-preserved medieval buildings stand alongside modern architecture. Sights of interest are the Vasa Museum, Skansen Open Air Museum, City Hall, the Old Town (Gamla Stan) and much more.
- Day 2: Stockholm Today you will explore the city by a local Guide and private coach. The Swedish capital is built on 14 islands, which means you are never far from water. This, in combination with the famous Stockholm Archipelago consisting of 24’000 islands, makes it one of the most beautiful capitals in Europe. No wonder that Stockholm is referred to be the Venice of the North. On the island “Stadsholmen” you will find the old city centre Gamla Stan, which is, with its narrow-cobbled alleys and old houses, one of the best-preserved medieval cities of Northern Europe. In your 3-hour tour a visit is also included to the Vasa Museum. The Vasa Museum houses a part of Swedish history and is one of the main attractions of Stockholm. Afternoon at leisure.
- Day 3: Highspeed Train to Copenhagen Say goodbye to Stockholm and board your comfortable train bound for Copenhagen, the Danish Capital. A light packed lunch will be included for your ride. In Copenhagen you will be met by a local guide and coach for a brief introductory tour including the visit to Tivoli Gardens before being transferred to your hotel.
- Day 4: Copenhagen Copenhagen is located at the Öresund and was founded in 1167 by bishop Absalom. With its several architectonical sights, the museums and the unique Danish flair, it belongs to the most charming cities in the world. Sights are for example: The City hall, the round tower, the world-famous park of 110’000 lights – the Tivoli, Castle Amalienborg (residence of the royal family) and the statue of the little Mermaid. Today you will continue with the city highlights before exploring North Zealand including a visit to Kronborg, Hamlet’s Castle.
- Day 5: Cruise to Oslo Enjoy your last day in Copenhagen with some shopping and/or own activities. In the afternoon, board the DFDS Seaways on a cruise to Oslo. Onboard you can relax in the pool or sauna, shop tax-free items and enjoy dinner from large dinner buffets – or if you would rather like a lighter dinner, the Red & White Wine bar offers tapas. These ships are like small cities – you can find almost everything here! If you want to go dancing, there is a live band playing every night, and later in the evenings you can try your dance moves at the discotheque. There is also a cinema onboard which shows the newest movies.
- Day 6: Oslo A local city guide will meet the group for a half-day sightseeing tour including visits to some of the most famous sites in Oslo. As first impression, you will pass the harbor, the fortress, the town hall and the royal palace – home of the Norwegian King and Queen including a photo stop at the new opera house (possible to add a guided tour or concert/ballet).
- Day 7: Oslo For today we recommend visiting one of the various museums in town (entrance not incl.). Choose between the Fram Museum, where you can learn more about Polar expeditions and go on board of the Fram ship. Or what about the Viking Ship Museum? For winter sport fans the famous ski museum Holmenkollen will definitely be a highlight.
- Day 8: Flight to Tromsø Transfer to the Airport and flight to Tromsø (flight on own arrangement). After some relaxing time at your hotel you will be picked up for an Aurora Watching adventure. On this trip you will get to see the beautiful phenomena of the northern lights (weather dependant – sights cannot be guaranteed). Warm clothes, transport and a hot meal to round off this unique experience are included.
- Day 9: Reindeer Sledding Today you will go on a Reindeer sledding adventure. During the tour you will enjoy the breath-taking scenery of mountains and fjords. After the trip you get to meet authentic reindeer herders and listen to stories and songs of the Sami people. With a hot traditional meal, you will round off today’s adventure.
- Day 10: Departure Transfer to the airport and homeward-journey.
• 8 x overnight in dbl/twin rooms with private facilities
• 1 x cruise in 2-bed cabins (inside)
• 9 x Scandinavian breakfast buffet
Transport & Transfers
• Bus service and Private tours in Stockholm Copenhagen and Oslo as per program
• Train tickets Stockholm – Copenhagen
Excursions & Activities
• Entrance fee to Vasa Museum in Stockholm, Tivoli Gardens and Kronborg Castle in Copenhagen
• 2 Excursions in Tromsø as per itinerary
One person free of charge from fifteen paying persons.