TRAVEL PERIOD: 01.12.2023-31.03.2024
Tromsø is known as the Gateway to the Arctic, with the most Northern Lights in the world! It’s located in the middle of the Aurora Borealis (northern lights) zone and is in fact one of the best places in the world to observe this phenomenon.
- Day 1: Arrival in Tromsø Arrival at Tromsø Airport, and transfer by shuttle bus to the city. This evening, an exciting Northern Lights tour awaits. During the evening your guide will share some interesting information regarding the local area and the Northern lights. Return back to the city and overnight. Accommodation in a 4-star hotel in Tromsø.
- Day 2: Whale watching (*November 1st to January 31st only) Breakfast at the hotel. Head to the pier to board an electric boat and start to navigate in silence in the fjords and beyond. Please note, we cannot guarantee whales sightings as it is wildlife, but the crew will do its best to find them. You can buy food and drinks onboard. Accommodation in a 4-star hotel in Tromsø.
- Day 3: Dog sledding & Aurora Borealis Breakfast at the hotel. Today an exciting husky excursion awaits. You will be driven by professional mushers through the beautiful Vass Valley. Later at the camp Tamok a warm meal will be served. In the evening a new adventure starts, looking out for the aurora Borealis. Warm clothing and a warm meal are included. You will be back in the city around midnight. Accommodation in a 4-star hotel in Tromsø.
- Day 4: Tromsø Breakfast at the hotel. An entrance ticket to Polaria is included in the package. Polaria is an adventure centre, highlighting Spitsbergen. There is also an aquarium with arctic wildlife and seals. Accommodation in a 4-star hotel in Tromsø.
- Day 5: Departure Breakfast at the hotel, before your transfer to the airport by Flybussen (Airport Shuttle).
• 4 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast
• Meals as mentioned in the program
Excursions & Activities
• Excursions and tours as included in the itinerary
• Return airport transfers
Alta Borealis and Tromsø Borealis can be combined, using Artic route or local transportation.
For a lovely traditional dinner, we recommend Arctandria Seafood Restaurant. During the winter months, the restaurant offers the typical Møjlebuffet, which includes different parts of the cod (steamed cod, cod liver, cod roe, fried cod tongues and cod medallions). You cannot get more local.