The Amazing High Coast
TRAVEL PERIOD: ALL YEAR
The Amazing High Coast
The “High Coast” provides an unforgettable nature experience, a unique archipelago and an active adventure. Furthermore, it is a UNESCO world heritage site and counts to one of the most beautiful places in Sweden! This tour includes long train rides – and is therefore one of the most sustainable ways to travel. If a bus ride is preferred, it is possible to adjust the tour according to your wishes.
- Day 1: Arrival in Stockholm If there is time, a city tour will take place in combination with your transfer to the hotel. One night accommodation in a centrally located hotel in Stockholm.
- Day 2: Stockholm – Örnsköldsvik After breakfast, you board the train north to Örnsköldsvik. Check-in at your hotel, where you stay for the following three nights.
- Day 3: Ascend Skuleberget The walking tour along the high coast is about 130 km long and goes through the world heritage site of “Höga Kusten” (High coast).
- Day 4: Day Hike along the High Coast Today’s destination is the national park Skuleskogen. Walk along the coast and the ocean. OPTIONAL: In the afternoon you have the possibility to do an excursion on the island of Ulvön, which produces the Swedish delicacy(!) “fermented herring” for over a decade. Be prepared for an interesting smell!
- Day 5: Inland ride to Åre Morning departure towards Åre – Sweden’s premium and popular resort area for skiing in winter and outdoor recreation in summer. On your way you will have the possibility to visit the award-winning distillery Hernö, which is especially famous for its Ginproduction.
- Day 6: Adventure of your choice After the introduction to the region, including an about 3-hours guided tour, with its diverse activities and with helpful tips you are able to choose your preferred adventure. You have the options between hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, rafting, horseback riding, paragliding and much more.
- Day 7: Depart Åre Most of the day will be at your disposal for more activities. In the late afternoon a bus will take you to the closest train station, from where you will board the overnight train back to Stockholm – spending the night in comfortable 2-bed compartments.
- Day 8: Departure Here you have the option to extend your stay in Stockholm or transfer to the airport for your homeward journey.
• 6x overnights in DBL room with private facilities
• 1x overnight in Night-train from Åre to Stockholm (in 2-bed compartment)
• 7x Scandinavian Breakfast Buffet
Transport & Transfers
• Bus Service and Transfers as per itinerary
Excursions & Activities
• Introduction tour to Åre
• City Tour in Stockholm
One person free of charge from fifteen paying persons.