Stockholm and Gotland
TRAVEL PERIOD: ALL YEAR
Duration: 4 Days – 3 Nights
Stockholm and Gotland
- Day 1: Arrival in Stockholm One night accommodation in a centrally located hotel in Stockholm.
- Day 2: Discovering Stockholm After breakfast in the hotel, it is time to discover Stockholm! You will meet your licensed city guide, who will bring you closer to his/her hometown on a 3-hour city tour. During your tour, you will visit some of Stockholm’s 14 islands. On the one hand there is Södermalm – the hip district in which artists, cosmopolitans and free thinkers have created their place. From a former working-class district, Södermalm has developed into one of the most expensive residential areas in the Swedish capital. Continue to Djurgården. In the former royal hunting area, hunting is no longer possible, but there are several important museums on the island, including the Vasa Museum, in which the royal warship Vasa can be admired. Along the classy Strandvägen, you will get to Gamla Stan, the old town of Stockholm. The imposing Royal Palace greets its visitors from afar. You will stroll through the narrow streets and hear interesting stories about Stockholm. Finally, amaze at the panoramic view from Fjällgatan viewpoint.
- Day 3: Stockholm & Ferry to Gotland Today you leave Stockholm on drive to the port city of Nynäshamn, about 60 kilometers south of Stockholm. Here you will board the ferry to Gotland, which will take you to the fascinating island in the Baltic Sea in about 3.5 hours. Enjoy the time on board of the modern ferry. Among other things, the ferry offers a café/restaurant. You should not miss the entrance to Visby with a view of the medieval silhouette of the old town. Our local guide is waiting for you at the port of Visby and will bring you closer to the highlights of the small metropolis on an approx. 2-hour tour. Visby is the capital of the Island of Gotland. Because of its unique cultural value, the Hanseatic city of Visby has been recognized by UNESCO as part of the World Heritage. Use the afternoon for individual discoveries in the delightful little town
- Day 4: The North of Gotland & Island of Fårö Today you will discover the wonderful north of the island of Gotland. Typical of the island are the many medieval churches, which you can find all over the island. On your way up north, a detour to Lummelundagrottan is worthwhile. From Fårösund you take the ferry to the island of Fårö, which offers unique vegetation, but is mainly known for the Raukar, the peculiar rock formations, which are also the symbol of Gotland. After an eventful day, you will return to Visby.
- Day 5: Visby – Ferry to Oskarshamn – Kalmar The morning is at leisure. In the afternoon you will take the ferry from Visby to Oskarshamn and travel on to Kalmar.
- Day 6: Kalmar After breakfast you have enough time to explore the city of Kalmar. In Kalmar there is also Sweden’s largest gold treasure, which was recovered from the sunken Kronan in the 17th century. The picturesque buildings and cobbled streets of the Kvarnholmen district are also worth seeing. The fairytale-like Kalmar Castle dominates the City as a moat-surrounded landmark, here nothing has changed since 1592.
- Day 7: Kalmar – (Trosa) Stockholm From Kalmar, you will head back to Stockholm. Overnight in a selected hotel in the Stockholm area. A stay-over in one of the lovely countryside hotels, outside the city like Trosa is recommended for your last night.
- Day 8: Departure Transfer to the airport and departure.
• 7x overnight in double rooms with private facilities
• 7x Scandinavian Breakfast buffet
Transport & Transfers
• All bus and transfer services
• Ferry passage Nynäshamn – Visby for bus and passengers
• Ferry passage Fårösund – Fårö for bus and passengers
• Ferry passage Visby – Oskarshamn for bus and passengers
Excursions & Activities
• City tour Stockholm
• City tour Visby and Fårö
One person free of charge from fifteen paying persons.