Southern Sweden by Train
TRAVEL PERIOD: 01.05. – 30.09.24
Southern Sweden by Train
This eco-friendly tour will allow you to visit the highlights of Sweden’s South by train. Not only will you be able to explore the country’s biggest cities and lakes, but furthermore will you experience its spectacular nature while comfortably travelling by train from one destination to the next.
- Day 1: Arrival in Stockholm Arrival in Stockholm according to your own itinerary. Sweden’s Capital is charming, vibrant and surrounded by beauty and water – hence its nickname, Venice of the North. Stockholm city has an abundance of charm, history and tradition. This urban and trendy city will impress you with its interesting museums and castles. The city keeps its warm atmosphere apparent in the old town. Take time to explore the small and winding alleyways – the perfect area to find a suitable restaurant for the evening. Accommodation in 3* hotel in Stockholm city
- Day 2: Stockholm – Gothenburg Breakfast at the Hotel. Today you will travel to Gothenburg, Sweden’s second largest city, which has always been the natural gateway to the West. Gothenburg is a city characterized by international style, local creativity and a natural, relaxed charm. It has the pulse of a big city, cultural experiences, beautiful countryside and shopping, all within comfortable walking distance in the city centre. Accommodation in 3* hotel in Gothenburg
- Day 3: Gothenburg – Malmö Breakfast at the hotel. Make your way to the train station where you will depart towards Malmö, Sweden’s third largest city seen to population. Malmö is a small, friendly city with a good choice of cultural attractions, including the new Moderna Museet Malmö. Look out for Malmö’s many quality restaurants and bistros and great cafés. And the shopping isn’t bad either, especially if you’re looking for Swedish design-ware and hip, new Swedish fashion labels. Accommodation in 3* hotel in Malmö
- Day 4: Malmö – Kalmar After breakfast you will take the train to the historic town of Kalmar, one of Sweden’s oldest cities. History is waiting around each corner. Accommodation in 3* hotel in Kalmar
- Day 5: Kalmar Breakfast at the hotel. Day at leisure in charming Kalmar. We recommend a walk down the cobbled streets in the Old Town and a visit to Kalmar Castle, which has a history dating back 800 years. Accommodation in 3* hotel in Kalmar.
- Day 6: Kalmar – Linköping Today you will continue your train journey to Linköping, Sweden’s fifth largest city. When approaching the city you can see the tower of the Cathedral rise above the plain from miles away. The Cathedral is one of the finest buildings in Scandinavia and Sweden’s best preserved medieval cathedral. Accommodation in 3* hotel in Linköping.
- Day 7: Linköping – Stockholm After breakfast you will take the train back to Sweden’s capital. The rest of the day is yours to continue exploring Stockholm. Accommodation in 3* hotel in Stockholm city centre.
- Day 8: Departure Breakfast at the hotel. Departure from Stockholm according to your own itinerary.
• 2 nights in a centrally located hotel in Stockholm with breakfast
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Gothenburg with breakfast
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Malmö with breakfast
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Kalmar with breakfast
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Linköping with breakfast
Transport & Transfers
• Train stretches as mentioned in the itinerary
Gothenburg: Stroll through Haga
Stockholm: Visit Kennys Gelato – best ice cream in town Malmö food stroll in the market hall