TRAVEL PERIOD: 01.05.2022 – 30.09.2022
The fjord region is situated in the West of Norway and since 2005 has been classified as a world heritage site by UNESCO. This region is characterized by the fjord arms which wind themselves into the lands of Norway as far in as 200km. Panoramic views are common, and you cross the fjords by ferries allowing you every opportunity to enjoy the breathtaking scenery that unfolds. The following itinerary offers you the experience to discover all of Norway’s biggest fjords, Hardangerfjord, Sognefjord, Geirangerfjord and Romsdalfjord.
- Day 1: Arrival in Bergen Arrival in Bergen, Norway’s second largest city, according to your own itinerary. Welcome to the only city surrounded by 7 mountains and 7 fjords, known as the capital of the fjords. The rest of your day is at leisure to discover Bergen. Accommodation in 3* hotel in Bergen city centre
Day 2: Bergen
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy another day in Bergen at you own leisure. Bergen offers a lot of activities, from cycling tours to island cruises.
Accommodation in 3* hotel in Bergen city centre.
Day 3: Bergen – Ulvik
Breakfast at the hotel. Today your journey starts going east, crossing the Kvamskogen, a picturesque mountain plateau, until you reach the romantic Hardangerfjord with its apple trees and small farms. Drive along the fjord until you reach Ulvik, a picturesque village located right
on the shores of the fjord. Accommodation in 3* hotel in Ulvik.
- Day 4: Ulvik – Sogndal Breakfast at your hotel. Start your day towards Voss passing through the canyon of Stalheim until you reach Gudvangen. Board a two-hour boat cruise between Gudvangen and Kaupanger. The Nærøyfjord is an arm of the Sognefjord and has been listed as a world heritage site by UNESCO. The scenery here is simply breathtaking. Accommodation in 3* hotel in Sogndal.
- Day 5: Sogdnal – Geiranger Breakfast at your hotel. Today you will leave Sogndal and pass through Fjærland where you have the opportunity to visit an interesting museum about glaciers. Continue along the scenic Nordfjord until you reach the Hornindal lake, arrival in Hellesylt. Board a one-hour cruise on the famous Geirangerfjord between Hellesylt and Geiranger. Accommodation in 3* hotel in Geiranger.
Day 6: Geiranger – Molde
Breakfast at the hotel. Proceed with your journey along Eagle’s Road. A short ferry crossing (not included) from Eidsdal to Linge will bring you to the famous Troll Road. The Troll Road is considered to be one of the most scenic roads in the world with eleven hairpin bends. You will
cross the Romsdalfjord between Åfarnes to Sølsnes and reach the city of roses Molde. Accommodation in 4* hotel in Molde
Day 7: Molde – Trondheim
Breakfast at your hotel. Today your journey continues to Trondheim. Weather permitting, we recommend a drive along the costal road until you reach Kristiansund. To reach the third biggest city of Norway, Trondheim – you will have one ferry crossing and one tunnel crossing
between Bremsnes – Kristiansund and Kanestraum – Halsa. Trondheim is an urban centre and a university town – with everything a big city can offer, yet with the cozy appeal of smalltown friendliness. Accommodation in 3* in Trondheim
- Day 8: Departure Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy your day at leisure until your departure, according to your own itinerary.
• 2 nights in a centrally located hotel in Bergen with breakfast
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Ulvik with breakfast
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Sogndal with breakfast
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Geiranger with breakfast
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Molde with breakfast
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Trondheim with breakfast
Transport & Transfers
•Gudvangen – Kaupanger
• Hellesylt – Geiranger
Services that are not included
• Rental car -rates can be offered on request
• Ferry crossings as follows have to be paid on the spot: Eidsdal – Linge, Åfarnes – Solsnes, Kanestraun – Halsa