Seeking the Northern Lights
TRAVEL PERIOD: 01.12.2023.-31.03.2024
Seeking the Northern Lights
If you want to explore the North, there is no better tour. Our new tour offers the best chances to see the Northern lights, all while enjoying the beauty of Finnish Lapland, Norway’s coast onboard the Hurtigruten and the Norway in nutshell tour which takes you from Bergen to Oslo via Flåm, the village in the fjords. To complete this itinerary, spend a night in Norway’s green capital city, Oslo. It offers a bit of everything and suitable for all. We welcome you to experience the North.
- Day 1: Arrival in Rovaniemi Welcome to the home of Santa Claus. Getting from the airport to the city centre is easy, you can either take a taxi, or the airport bus which meets all scheduled flights. Accommodation in 3* hotel in Rovaniemi city centre
- Day 2: Rovaniemi – Saariselka Breakfast at the hotel. Today you board a local bus that will take you from Rovaniemi to Muotka. Please be sure to tell your bus driver that you are staying at Muotka. Muotka is a paradise tucked away in the taiga forest. The location offers possibilities to enjoy several winter activities, or to simply enjoy your breath-taking surroundings. Dinner and accommodation at Muotka Wilderness Hotel in Wilderness room
- Day 3: Muotka Breakfast at the hotel. Today you will have a pre-booked winter activity scheduled. Possibilities include – snowmobiles, ice fishing, huskies, reindeer excursions and many more thrilling possibilities. Dinner and accommodation at Muotka Wilderness Hotel in Wilderness room. *Please note that the activity is mandatory.
- Day 4: Saariselka – Inari Breakfast at Muotka, and today get ready to travel even further north, as you board a local bus from Muotka to Inari. Arrival at the Wilderness hotel Inari. Inari is a very special place with a lot of Sami tradition. The hotel offers a blend of quality accommodation with pristine nature and Arctic activities. The location is just five minutes from the Sámi village Inari. If you have the possibility, we highly recommend a visit to the Sami museum and nature centre. Dinner and accommodation at Inari Wilderness Hotel in Aurora cabin
- Day 5: Inari Today you will have the time to join an activity that will take you along the beautiful winter landscape around the hotel. The possibilities are endless, reindeer sleighing, husky safari, chasing the Northen Lights & even ice fishing! What will you pick? *Please note that the activity is mandatory.
Day 6: Inari – Kirkenes
Breakfast at the hotel, and another bus journey will take you from Finland to Norway as you head towards Kirkenes. You are likely to be impressed by the change of scenery as you head North towards to the costal village. Kirkenes has a very special location and shares a
border with Russia. On arrival you will feel as though you have truly arrived at a magnificent, unique and authentic area in the Arctic.
Accommodation in 3* hotel in Kirkenes city centre
Day 7 – 12: Kirkenes – Bergen (Hurtigruten)
Breakfast at the hotel, and its finally time to leave the land as you board the Hurtigruten for a journey along the Norwegian coast. Hurtigruten plays an important role and offers postage and supplies to the many small villages along the rugged Norwegian coastline. You will pass
many of these small villages en-route from Kirkenes to Bergen. Fullboard and accommodation onboard Hurtigruten in an outside cabin
- Day 12: Bergen After one of the most amazing experiences, we welcome you to the capital of the fjords, the city of Bergen. Accommodation in 3* hotel in Bergen city centre
- Day 13: Flåm Breakfast at the hotel. Today is the start of another very well-known tour, the Norway in a nutshell. The first leg will be by train as you leave Bergen to Voss. From Voss you travel by bus to Gudvangen, until boarding a vessel that will take you along the fjord to Flåm. Dinner and accommodation in 3* hotel in Flåm
- Day 14: Oslo Breakfast at the hotel, continue by train as you experience the Flåmsbanen from Flåm to Myrdal. A spectacular journey. From Myrdal one last train journey will bring you to the capital of Norway, the green city of Oslo. Welcome to our home. Dinner and accommodation in 4* hotel in Oslo city centre
- Day 15: Departure Breakfast at the hotel. From the city centre you can take a cab, airport bus, airport train or local train to Oslo Gardermoen.
• 1 nights in a centrally located hotel in Rovaniemi with breakfast
• 2 nights in a wildnerness room at Muotka with breakfast & dinner
• 2 nights in an Aurora Cabin at Wilderness Hotel Inari a with breakfast & dinner
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Kirkenes with breakfast
• Hurtigruten Voyage Kirkenes – Bergen (Full Board, Outside Cabin)
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Bergen with breakfast
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Flam with breakfast and dinner
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Oslo with breakfast
Transfers & Trains
• Local Bus from Rovaniemi to Saariselka
• Local Bus from Muotka to Inari
• Local Bus from Inari to Kirkenes
• Norway in a Nutshell Trainrides (Bergen – Flam / Flam – Oslo)
* Excursion of choice at Wilderness Hotel Muotka.
* Excursion of choice at Wilderness Hotel Inari.
Inari: Visit Sajos, the heart of Sami Culture in Finland. This building hosts the sami parlement as well as an educational institute about this extraordinary culture of the North. If you want to explore Sami culture & history, this is the place to start!