Reykjavík City Break
Travel Period: 01.09.23 – 31.08.24
Reykjavík City Break
There is something mystical about Iceland and something very cool about the capital city, Reykjavik! When you think about Iceland the Blue Lagoon comes to mind, the mud pools, the spurting geysers and the glaciers, not to mention the dancing Northern lights. Iceland is fast becomingthe playground of the adventurous…and why not? It has so much to offer! Iceland is the least densely populated country in Europe, allowing you to truly appreciate its vast open spaces, the fresh air, its people, culture and beauty.
- Day 1: Arrival in Reykjavík On arrival at to Keflavík airport, you will take a shared transfer to your hotel. Four nights accommodation in the city centre.
- Day 2: Reykjavík Enjoy a leisurely breakfast at the hotel before you go on a 2,5 hrs tour of Reykjavik and its surroundings Visit the presidential residence at Bessastaðir as well as Hafnarfjörður, the town where “hidden people” and humans live together in harmony.
- Day 3: Golden Cirlce Breakfast at the hotel and departure on the ‘Golden Circle Tour’ passing some ‘must see’ sights of Iceland. Visit the Þingvellir National Park where the Icelandic parliament Alþingi was founded in 930. After that the beautiful waterfall Gullfoss awaits you where you can walk so close to the edge that you might feel the mist of the glacial water on your face. From there the journey continues towards the geothermal area around the incredible spouting hot springs of Geysir and Strokkur.
- Day 4: Blue Lagoon Breakfast at your hotel before the highlight of your itinerary – The Blue Lagoon is one of Iceland’s most popular attractions, a natural geothermal pool in the middle of a large and dramatic lava field and an oasis that owes its existence to a nearby geothermal power plant, looming large over the aqua tinted waters. Bathing in this surreal environment is a unique experience no one should miss. Shuttle bus back to the hotel and rest of your time at leisure.
- Day 5: Departure Shared transfer to Keflavík airport. Departure according to your own itinerary.
• 4 nights in a centrally located hotel in Reykjavík with breakfast
• Return tickets for shared shuttle bus from/to Keflavík airport
• Guided Tour of Reykjavík and surroundings
• Golden Circle Tour including entrance to the Geysir Museum and greenhouse
• Entrance and Tour to the Blue Lagoon (Comfort Class Entrance)
If you want to explore Reykjavik in a different way, we do recommend the Reykjavik Catwalk, a walking tour with focus on our furry friends, cats. The tour even includes a visit to the one and only Reykjavik Cat Coffeehouse to pet some cats while we sip on Coffee or Hot Cocoa and taste Icelandic pastry.