Norway by Railway
TRAVEL PERIOD: ALL YEAR
Norway by Railway
We suggest your next journey through Norway to by train. This way, you can experience the beauty of Norway’s unique landscape in a different way. Lean back and enjoy the ride! You will come across many different parts of the country, and this journey will be truly memorable.
- Day 1: Arrival in Oslo Welcome to Oslo, the capital city of Norway! You will be surprised of what this city has to offer you. Bus and guide will meet you upon arrival and show you those sights and tell you more about the history.
- Day 2: Oslo – Flåm Today you will start your little adventure in Norway’s nature. After breakfast you board the train to Myrdal. Lean back and enjoy the ride. In Myrdal, you switch the train to Flåm. Enjoy the amazing landscape surroundings. Once you arrived in Flåm, you can stroll around the small town and sit by the fjord and enjoy the sunset. You will stay overnight in this cosy little town.
- Day 3: Flåm – Bergen Waking up to a nice view over the fjord is pretty unique! After breakfast you continue your tour by boarding the boat to Gudvangen. You stay in Bergen for the night.
- Day 4: Bergen Today you will meet a guide and he will show you around the city of Bergen. Hop on the bus and enjoy the city! Of course you will not miss the famous Floibanen Funicular. Bergen is Norway’s second largest city and the world’s only city surrounded by 7 mountains and 7 fjords. Sights of interest include the Hanseatic Bryggen Harbour, Fløibanen Funicular, Troldhaugen, the Fish and Flower market, Bergen Aquarium and Gamle Bergen (Old Bergen Open Air Museum).
- Day 5: Bergen – Ålesund This day will take you through the beautiful landscape of Fjordnorway. Ålesund is situated in a beautiful surrounding, which stretches over several islands until the Atlantic Ocean. The town is known for its unique Jugendstil-architecture with lots of towers and delicate ornaments.
- Day 6: Geiranger Today you will go to the famous Fjordvillage Geiranger, situated closely at the Geirangerfjord. This is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The bus takes you there, you can spend a little time there on your own and then you will go back to Ålesund. On the way back you will take a ferry on the Geirangerfjord. Enjoy the view from the water, it is definitely a stunning experience!
- Day 7: Ålesund – Åndalsnes – Trondheim A bus transfer will bring you to Åndalsnes, where you can board a train to Trondheim via Dombås. This train journey through the Rauma valley is one of the most beautiful train rides in Norway. Make sure not to miss the view! Once you arrived in Trondheim, you will be transferred to your hotel.
- Day 8: Trondheim Trondheim was the original capital of Norway and today it is the third largest city in the country after Oslo and Bergen. You will have a guided sightseeing tour through the city today.
- Day 9: Trondheim – Oslo Today you will head back to the capital city of Norway. Enjoy the train ride through the valleys. The Dovre Railway runs between Oslo and Trondheim through the beautiful Gudbrandsdalen valley and across the mighty Dovrefjell mountain range. The whole trip takes 7 hours, and the train has frequent departures. When you arrive in Oslo, you will be transferred to your hotel.
- Day 10: Departure Depending on your flight schedule, you might have a little time left to stroll around the city on your own before you have to leave. We hope you enjoyed this journey through Norway’s nature and you have made many beautiful memories!
• 9 x overnight stay in selected 3- and 4 star hotels with private facilities
• 9 x Scandinavian breakfast buffet
Transport & Transfers
• All bus and transfer services
• Train Oslo – Myrdal
• Train Myrdal – Flåm with Flåm Railway
• Train Åndalsnes – Dombås – Trondheim
• Train Trondheim – Oslo
Excursions & Activities
• Cruise on Næeroy Fjord Flåm – Gudvangen
• Guided city tours in Oslo, Bergen, Trondheim
• Entrance to Viking Museum, Nidarosdomen
One person free of charge from fifteen paying persons.