Northern Islands ECO Express
TRAVEL PERIOD: 13.06. – 24.08.2024
Northern Islands ECO Express
Let the beautiful gems of Northern Norway charm you on this tour by public transport! Visit the Arctic capital Tromsø and discover the stunning Lofoten islands and their little sister, the gentler Vesterålen. Here you will get the chance to spot whales. Your last stop, before heading back to the vibrant town of Tromsø will be the rugged island of Senja. Travel on a comfortable coach with multi-language digital story telling. You just need to sit back and let the stunning landscapes pass by.
- Day 1: Arrival in Tromsø Arrival to Tromsø at own leisure and take the airport express bus to the city centre. Use the rest of the day to explore the Paris of the North. Stroll through the bustling city centre and stop for a coffee in one of the cosy cafés. If you are up for some views, we recommend a ride with Fjellheisen cable car (not included). It will take you up to Storsteinen Mountain and a stunning view of Tromsø and surroundings will welcome you. Accommodation in a 3-star hotel in Tromsø.
Day 2: Tromsø to Narvik
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy the morning at leisure in Tromsø before you make your way to the central bus station Prostneset and take the public bus to Narvik. Accommodation in a 3-star hotel in Narvik.
Day 3: Narvik to Svolvaer
Breakfast at the hotel. Morning at leisure in Narvik. We recommend a ride with the Narvikfjellet Cable car or a visit to Narvik war museum. At 14:05 your journey by coach continues to the stunning Lofoten islands and their “capital” Svolvær. Accommodation in a 3-star hotel in Svolvær (2 nights).
- Day 4: Lofoten Islands Breakfast at the hotel. Today the public coach will take you on a tour around the Lofoten. During the ride you have access to a practical guiding and storytelling app, to provide interesting facts about the area. During the bus ride you will have three longer sightseeing stops, one in the charming fishing village Henningsvær (60min) and one in the authentic village Nusfjord (60min) and the last stop will be a Flakstad beach (30min) which could well-enough be in the Caribbean.
Day 5: Vesterålen Islands
Breakfast at the hotel. Your coach journey continues North to the Vesterålen islands with their gentle lush hills. Arrive to Andenes around lunch time and for the rest of the day you will get the chance to see whales during a boat tour. Accommodation in a 3-star hotel in Andenes.
- Day 6: Senja Island Breakfast at the hotel. Morning at leisure in Andenes before the rugged mountains of Senja island will greet you. The island is also called ‘Little Norway’ because of its varied landscapes of steep ridges and deep fjords in the west, and large forest areas in the south. Accommodation in a 3-star hotel on Senja Island.
Day 7: Tromsø
Breakfast at the hotel. Day at leisure at your accommodation. Enjoy the peaceful nature or go for a hike in the area. In the late afternoon the coach will head back to Tromsø today and will cross the so called Whale island (Kvaløya). Accommodation in a 3-star hotel in Tromsø.
- Day 8: Departure Breakfast at the hotel and depart by airport express bus to the airport according to your flight schedule.
• 7 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast
Transport & Transfers
• Return ticket airport express bus Tromsø
• Public bus Tromsø – Narvik
• Arctic Route bus Narvik – Svolvær
• Arctic Route bus Svolvær – Å I Lofoten – Svolvær incl. Entrance ticket Nusfjord
• Arctic Route bus Svolvær – Andenes
• Arctic Route bus Andenes – Senjahopen
• Arctic Route bus Senjahopen – Tromsø
Excursions & Activities
• Whale Watching