Nordic Capitals by Rail
TRAVEL PERIOD: ALL YEAR
Nordic Capitals by Rail
Discover the Norwegian capitals by railway. Enjoy the scenic views as you relax in comfort.
- Day 1: Copenhagen – Malmö Tour the city before boarding the train over the bridge to Sweden. The Øresund bridge is the 16 km long road and rail link between Denmark and Sweden which played a part in the immensely popular Nordic Noir TV-series from 2011. Overnight in Malmö.
- Day 2: Malmö – Stockholm After breakfast, continue on your next train leg towards Stockholm. There is no better way to explore the vast Swedish countryside than in the comfort from your seat onboard a high-speed train. Onboard there is a good selection of food and drinks available and access to WiFi. You travel at speeds of up to 200 kilometres per hour making a journey between Malmö and Stockholm in about 4,5 hours. In Stockholm you will be transferred to the port to board the cruise to Helsinki. Overnight onboard in comfortable cabins.
- Day 3: Arrival in Helsinki by Cruise Coming the seaway, you will arrive in Helsinki in the morning. Helsinki lies majestically on the seafront and is a vibrant city of beautiful islands and great green urban areas. Among the highlights are the Sibelius Monument, Finlandia Hall, City Hall, Old Market Hall, Market Square and fortress island of Suomenlinna – A UNESCO World Heritage site, reached by 15-minute ferry ride. A four-hour city tour is included and if you would like to remain downtown you are responsible to find your own way back to the Ship. Overnight onboard.
- Day 4: Stockholm Upon arrival in Stockholm, a bus and guide will take you on a city tour of ‘The Venice of the North’ including a walk of the charming Old Town and an inside visit to the famous Vasa Museum – the city’s number one attraction. Tour terminates at the Hotel for check-in. Afternoon free for exploration of own. Overnight in Stockholm.
- Day 5: Stockholm & Train to Oslo After breakfast you board the train to the Norwegian capital Oslo, nestled between the Oslofjord and forested hills. As one of Europe’s fastest growing cities, Oslo is buzzing with energy from new neighborhoods and innovative food, to fashion and art scenes. Captivating landmarks like the Opera House, Tjuvholmen and Barcode districts are changing the silhouette of the city, but Oslo maintains its refreshing closeness to nature that few other capitals can match. Upon arrival transfer to your city Hotel for overnight.
- Day 6: Cruise from Oslo to Copenhagen Today you will get to know interesting sights such as the Opera House, Akershus Fortress, the City Hall, Aker Brygge and Vigeland Sculpture Park during a 3-hour city tour. In the evening, board the night ferry back to Denmark and Copenhagen.
- Day 7: Departure Arrival in Copenhagen. Your local guide will meet you portside for a combined transfer/half-day city tour of this fascinating city before departing on your homeward journey. Your journey of the capitals of the north has come to an end.
• 3 nights hotel accommodation with private facilities
• 2 nights onboard ferry STO-HEL-STO, dbl inside cabin
• 1 night onboard ferry OSL-COP, dbl inside cabin
• 6 Scandinavian breakfasts
Transport & Transfers
• All bus and transfer services
• Train Copenhagen-Malmö, Malmö-Stockholm, Stockholm-Oslo.
Excursions & Activities
• Tour by local Guide in Helsinki, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
• Entrance included in the Vasa Museum
One person free of charge from fifteen paying persons.