Nordic Borealis Adventure
SET DATES: 01.12.2023-31.03.2024
Nordic Borealis Adventure
If you want to explore the North, there is no better tour. Our new tour offers the best chances to see the Northern lights, all while enjoying the beauty of Finnish Lapland, Norway’s coast onboard the Hurtigruten and the Norway in nutshell tour which takes you from Bergen to Oslo via Flåm, the village in the fjords. To complete this itinerary, spend a night in Norway’s green capital city, Oslo. It offers a bit of everything and suitable for all. We welcome you to experience the North.
Day 1: Arrival in Helsinki
Welcome to the Finnish capital, Helsinki. Own transfer to the city centre, you may opt to take a cab or the airport bus which meets all scheduled flights.
Accommodation in a 4-star hotel in Helsinki.
- Day 2: Helsinki – Rovaniemi Breakfast at the hotel, and day at leisure. There are many sights worth visiting in Helsinki and you have the full day to explore at leisure. Later in the evening, you will depart Helsinki by overnight train to Rovaniemi. Accommodation on board the train in a private compartment with private facilities.
- Day 3: Rovaniemi Breakfast is available onboard the rain, this will be at your own cost. Welcome to Rovaniemi, the official home of Santa Claus. We recommend that you pre book one of the many excursions available in Rovaniemi. Reindeers, huskies, snowmobiles, ice fishing excursions and a visit to Santa’s village are just a few possibilities for today. Accommodation in a 4-star hotel in Rovaniemi.
- Day 4: Rovaniemi Breakfast at the hotel, and enjoy your day exploring. If you did not manage to enjoy one of the many excursions, you can tick it off today. Accommodation in a 4-star hotel in Rovaniemi.
- Day 5: Rovaniemi – Saariselka Breakfast at the hotel. Today you board a local bus that will take you from Rovaniemi to Muotka. Please be sure to tell your bus driver that you are staying at Muotka. Muotka is a paradise tucked away in the taiga forest. Dinner and accommodation in Muotka.
- Day 6: Muotka Breakfast at the hotel. We recommend that you pre-book one of the many excursions available. Possibilities, include – snowmobiles, ice fishing, huskies, reindeer excursions and many more thrilling possibilities. Dinner and accommodation in Muotka.
- Day 7: Saariselka – Inari Breakfast at Muotka, and today get ready to travel even further north, as you board a local bus from Muotka to Inari. Arrival at the Wilderness hotel Inari. Inari is a very special place with allot of sami tradition. The hotel offers a blend of quality accommodation with pristine nature and Arctic activities. The location is just five minutes from the Sámi village Inari, If you have the possibility, we highly recommend a visit to the Sami museum and nature centre. Dinner and accommodation in Inari.
- Day 8: Inari to Kirkenes Breakfast at the hotel, and another bus journey will take you from Finland to Norway as you head towards Kirkenes. You are likely to be impressed by the change of scenery as you head North towards to the coastal village. Transfer from Kirkenes centre to the snow hotel Kirkenes. On arrival you will feel as though you have truly arrived at a magnificent, unique and authentic area in the Arctic. For two nights you willstay in the warm accommodation, the Gamme cabins. These cabins can be described as Wilderness Luxury and have been inspired by the traditional hunting and fishing hut, gamme, that you find in the wilderness of Lapland – the Sami areas of the Arctic. Dinner and accommodation in the Gamme cabins
- Day 9: Snowhotel Kirkenes Breakfast at the restaurant. Today we highly recommend a king crab safari (can be included). A Christmas dinner is prepared tonight. Dinner and accommodation in the Gamme cabins.
- Day 10 -15: Hurtigruten Breakfast at the hotel, and its time to leave Kirkenes as you board the Hurtigruten for a journey along the Norwegian coast. Hurtigruten plays an important role and offers postage and supplies to the many small villages along the rugged Norwegian coastline. You will pass many of these small villages en-route from Kirkenes to Bergen. Fullboard and accommodation onboard Hurtigruten in outside cabin.
- Day 15: Bergen Disembark from Hurtigruten and welcome to the city of the fjords. Bergen is a picturesque city with an abundance of charm. Enjoy the rest of your day exploring the many sights that Bergen has to offer. Accommodation in a 4-star hotel in Bergen.
- Day 16: Bergen – Flam Breakfast at the hotel and head to the train station. Today is the start of another very well-known tour, the Norway in a nutshell .The first leg will be by train as you leave Bergen to Voss. From Voss you travel by bus to Gudvangen, until boarding a vessel that will take you along the fjord to Flåm. Accommodation at Flamsbrygga Hotel (2 Nights)
- Day 17: Flam Breakfast at the hotel. Today is yours at leisure. Possibility to add an activity such as snowshoeing or a RIB tour in the fjord (not included).
- Day 18: Flam – Oslo Breakfast at the hotel, continue by train as you experience the Flåmsbanen from Flåm to Myrdal. A spectacular journey. From Myrdal one last train journey will bring you to the capital of Norway, the green city of Oslo. Welcome to our home. Accommodation in 4-star hotel in Oslo.
- Day 19: Departure Breakfast at the hotel. Departure according to your own itinerary.
1 night in centrally located hotel in Helsinki, Bed & Breakfast
Overnight train Helsinki – Rovaniemi, Private sleeping compartment
2 nights in centrally located hotel in Rovaniemi, Bed & Breakfast
2 nights in Panorama Cabin at Wilderness Hotel Muotka, Bed & Breakfast, Dinner included
1 night in Wilderness Room at Wilderness Hotel Inari, Bed & Breakfast, Dinner included
2 nights in Gamme Cabin at Snowhotel Kirkenes, Bed & Breakfast, Dinner included
Hurtigruten Voyage from Kirkenes to Bergen, Outside Cabin, Full board included
1 night in centrally located hotel in Bergen, Bed & Breakfast
2 nights in Flåm, Bed & Breakfast
1 night in centrally located hotel in Oslo, Bed & Breakfast
Rovaniemi to Saariselkä
Muotka – Inari
Inari – Kirkenes
Norway in a Nutshell (trains, bus, boat)
NYE Cruise in Flåm
Explore the beautiful Sámi culture in Inari and learn more about it in their dedicated museum. Did you know that they have their parliament in Inari?