New Year in Stockholm
TRAVEL PERIOD: FESTIVE
New Year in Stockholm
Celebrate New Year’s Eve in Style in Sweden’s vibrant capital. Did you know that winter activities like ice skating, cross-country skiing and snow-shoe hiking can be conducted in the city? This tour combines the best of Stockholm with a festive atmosphere and even includes a New Year’s concert.
- Day 1: Arrival in Stockholm Flight to Stockholm (own arrangement). At the airport, our local transfer takes you to the hotel. Depending on the arrival time, the afternoon is free for individual explorations in the Swedish capital.
- Day 2: Sightseeing & Concert Today you explore the Old Town of Stockholm. Together with our guide you walk from the hotel to Gamla Stan (Old Town). On a walk through the narrow and cobbled streets between the houses with their beautiful gables, you can see the Cathedral “Storkyrkan”, the main square and the Royal Castle (built 1697-1754). The Storkyrkan is the oldest building in the city from the 13th century and also host to the oldest painting in the city, dating from 1535. Next take a ferry towards the island of Djurgården. The Vasa Museum on Djurgården hosts part of Swedish maritime history and is one of Stockholm’s main attractions. The royal warship Vasa sank in 1628 after the first few minutes of its maiden voyage in the port of Stockholm “with hoisted sails, flags and everything”, as a contemporary witness reported. After 333 years under water, the Vasa was finally recovered, and the museum was built around the ship. Here you can see various exhibitions on five floors, including stories about the construction and recovery of the ship. Time for another highlight – in the afternoon you can enjoy a concert in Stockholm’s “Storkyrkan”. Individual return to your hotel and time to prepare for New Year’s Eve.
- Day 3: Excursion to Drottningholm In the late morning, you will take a trip to Drottningholm Palace. The royal residence “Drottningholm” is still inhabited by the royal family for part of the year and is surrounded by a magnificent, geometrically designed baroque garden. On a guided tour (Operates Sat/Sun), you will visit the publicly accessible wings of the castle and take a walk through the remarkable castle park. The attached, round castle church is very popular for weddings.
- Day 4: Departure Today it’s time to say goodbye to Stockholm. Our transfer takes you comfortably to the airport, from where you will start your journey back home.
• 3x overnight/s in dbl/twin rooms with private facilities
• 3x Breakfast Buffet
Transport & Transfers
• All bus and transfer services
Excursions & Activities
• Licensed, local Guides as mentioned in program
• Entrance and guided tour at City Hall
• Ticket for ferry (Old Town-Djurgården-Old Town)
• Entrance and guided tour at Vasa Museum
• Tickets (Category A) for New Year Concert at Storkyrkan
• Entrance and guided tour at Drottningholm Castle
One person free of charge from fifteen paying persons.