New Year in Oslo
TRAVEL PERIOD: FESTIVE
New Year in Oslo
Celebrate the new year in Norway’s capital.
- Day 1: Arrival in Oslo Upon arrival, you will get to know the Norwegian capital on a three-hour city tour. Experience the highlights of Oslo such as the Castle, the Town Hall, the parliament and the newly developed district of Björvika with its architectural highlights such as the Opera house, the new Munch Museum or the new Deichman Library. Then check-in into your centrally located hotel.
- Day 2: Fjord Tour Even in winter it is worth looking at Oslo from the water. Due to its unique location, right on the Oslofjord, a boat trip offers completely new perspectives and lets you see the city from a different angle. On your two-hour boat tour, you will pass numerous islands and discover many small, colorful summer houses that represent a splash of color in the barren winter landscape. The afternoon is free for your own discoveries.
- Day 3: Celebrating New Year Before going into the last hours of the year this evening, you can round off the past year with a visit at the Oslo Opera. The Opera House offers afternoon performances every year on New Year’s Eve, so that there is still enough time afterwards for an extensive New Year’s Eve dinner. We would be happy to help you organize the tickets. In the evening you will head to the Ekeberg, where the best view of the city is available at midnight to admire the fireworks. Enjoy a tasty 5-course dinner and indulge yourself in the last hours of the year. Shortly before midnight you can secure a place on the terrace with a glass of sparkling wine and enjoy the fireworks from the front row.
- Day 4: Visit the Munch Museum Welcome the New Year with a visit to the newly opened Munch Museum. After a short walk you will reach the imposing building and can see it up close. Inside there is an interesting exhibition by one of Norway’s greatest artists. In addition to the art, don’t miss to take a moment to admire the spectacular fjord view.
- Day 5: Departure What a great start into this new year! Today you will take the bus back to the airport, from where you will start your journey back home.
• 4x overnight/s in dbl/twin rooms with private facilities
• 4x Breakfast Buffet
• 1x New Year’s Gala Dinner
Transport & Transfers
• All bus and transfer services
Excursions & Activities
• 1x guided Oslo Sightseeing Tour
• 1x Fjord cruise in Oslo
• 1x Entrance at Munch Museum
One person free of charge from fifteen paying persons.