TRAVEL PERIOD: 01.05.2022 – 30.09.2022
Come and enjoy the splendour of some of Norway’s most known and impressive fjords: the world-renowned Geirangerfjord, the Hardangerfjord, often called the “Queen of the Fjords”, and the Sagafjord. All of this combined with Norway’s capital Oslo, picturesque Bergen, the beautiful Art Nouveau city Ålesund, the former Olympic city of Lillehammer and many of the highlights Norwegian nature has to offer.
- Day 1: Arrival in Oslo Arrival in Oslo according to your own itinerary. The Norwegian capital is beautifully situated at the head of the Oslo Fjord and surrounded by forest. Accommodation in 3* hotel in Oslo city centre
- Day 2: Oslo – Geilo Breakfast at the hotel. Drive from Oslo in western direction along the Oslofjord, before turning north along Lake Tyrifjord. Continue from Hønefoss along Lake Krøderen and Bromma River to Gol. We recommend a stop at the Torpo Stave Church. Continue to the mountain village Geilo, located on the Hardangervidda Mountain Plateau, Norway’s largest national park.
- Day 3: Geilo – Bergen Breakfast at the hotel. Today you head across the Hardangervidda Mountain Plateau with its snow-capped mountain peaks. We highly recommend the short detour to spectacular Vøringsfossen Waterfall with a fall of 182 metres, before descending the scenic Måbødalen Valley. In Eidfjord we suggest a visit to the Hardangervidda Nature Centre (entrance not included). The journey continues along the scenic Hardanger Fjord, a region famous for its fruit orchards. Just past Norheimsund we recommend a stop to visit Steindalsfossen Waterfall, where you can walk behind the fall. Continue to Bergen, known as the Gateway to the Fjords.
- Day 4: Bergen Breakfast at the hotel. Day at leisure. Bergen is Norway’s second largest city and the world’s only city surrounded by 7 mountains and 7 fjords. Sights of interest are the Hanseatic Bryggen area.
- Day 5: Bergen – Ørsta Breakfast at the hotel. Depart Bergen heading north towards the Sognefjord, the world’s longest and deepest fjord. A 20-minute ferry crossing (not included) will bring you across the Sognefjord to Lavik. Continue past Førde before reaching the Nordfjord. Short ferry crossing (not included) from Anda to Lote. Continue to Straumshamn where we recommend the scenic road along the Voldafjord. Continue to Ørsta, beautifully surrounded by the Sunnmøre Alps. The mountains rise from the sea to a height of 1,600 meters.
- Day 6: Excursion to Ålesund Breakfast at the hotel. Day at leisure in Ørsta region. Bike and motorboat hire is possible. As an alternative we recommend an excursion to the Art Noveau town of Ålesund. The town center reveals a lively urban scene with pleasant restaurants and cafés and the picturesque Brosundet canal with its fishing boats.
- Day 7: Ørsta – Geiranger – Trollroad – Otta Breakfast at the hotel. Morning departure from Ørsta by ferry crossing (not included) to Leknes. From Hellesylt, the journey continues with a one-hour cruise on the Geirangerfjord, which was added to the UNESCO world heritage list in 2005 and is truly a spectacular sight with its waterfalls and steep hills. Ascend the Eagle Road and enjoy panoramic views of Geiranger before a short ferry crossing (not included) takes you to Linge. Continue along the Troll Road, one of Norway’s best-known tourist attractions. and the Romsdal Valley to Otta.
- Day 8: Otta – Lillehammer Breakfast at the hotel. Drive from Otta in southern direction and through the Gudbrandsdalen Valley to Lillehammer, the host town of the 1994 Winter Olympics. In Lillehammer we recommend a visit to Maihaugen Open Air Museum, which tells the story of life in the Gudbrandsdalen Valley for the last 300 years. Also recommendable is a visit at the Olympic Museum and the Olympic Arena (Lysgårdsbakken).
- Day 9: Lillehammer – Oslo Breakfast at the hotel. Departure from Lillehammer to Oslo. We recommend a stop in Hamar to visit the Vikingskipet, the ice skating rink from the Olympics in the shape of a turned over Viking Ship. Enjoy the drive along Norway’s longest lake Mjøsa.
- Day 10: Departure Breakfast at the hotel. Departure from Oslo according to you own itinerary.
• 2 nights in a centrally located hotel in Oslo with breakfast
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Geilo with breakfast
• 2 nights in a centrally located hotel in Bergen with breakfast
• 2 nights in a hotel in the Ørsta region with breakfast
• 1 night in a hotel in the Otta region with breakfast
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Lillehammer with breakfast
Services that are not included
•Rental car – rates can be offered on request
• Hardanger bridge toll
• Ferry Crossings as follows are to be paid on the spot: Oppedal – Lavik, Anda – Lote, Sæbo – Leknes, Hellesylt – Geiranger (can be booked upon request), Eidsdal – Linge