Magical Northern Lights
TRAVEL PERIOD: WINTER
Magical Northern Lights
If you want to explore the North, there is no better tour. This new tour offers the best chances to see the Northern lights, all while enjoying the beauty of Finnish Lapland, Norway’s coast onboard the Hurtigruten and the Norway in nutshell tour which takes you from Bergen to Oslo via Flåm, the village in the fjords. To complete this itinerary, you will spend two nights in Norway’s green capital city, Oslo. It offers a bit of everything and suitable for all. We welcome you to experience the North.
- Day 1: Arrival in Rovaniemi Welcome to the hometown of Santa Claus! Upon arrival to the Airport in Rovaniemi you will have a combined transfer/guided tour including a visit to Santa’s Village. Here you can meet the ‘real’ Santa regardless time of the year. Lapland is the perfect destination to witness one of nature’s most spectacular phenomena’s – the Northern Lights. On average the Aurora Borealis appears about 200 times a year, so there are plenty of opportunities to spot them. This evening you will set out on a guided Northern Light chase. Overnight in Rovaniemi city.
- Day 2: Rovaniemi – Inari Resort Breakfast at the hotel. Today you continue further north as you travel from Rovaniemi to Inari. Inari is a very special place abundant with Sami culture and tradition. Your home for the next two nights will be in a wilderness resort by the lake. The location offers possibilities to enjoy many different activities, or to simply enjoy your breath-taking surroundings. A visit to the Sami Museum and nature centre is also recommended.
- Day 3: Meet the Reindeer Breakfast at the hotel. You will have two exciting excursions included for you today. Meet a local herder at his reindeer farm who will share fascinating stories of his life and the Sami culture. There will also be a short reindeer sledge ride before returning to the resort. Your next excursion will be an Aurora Camp Visit – we will have open fire and warm drinks while waiting for the magic in the sky to appear. Happy hunting!
Day 4 – 9: Hurtigruten
Breakfast at the hotel, another bus journey will take you from Finland to Norway as you head towards Kirkenes. You are likely to be impressed by the change of scenery as you head North towards to the coastal village. Kirkenes has a very special location and shares a border with Russia. On arrival you will feel as though you have truly arrived at a magnificent, unique and authentic area in the Arctic.
It’s finally time to leave the land as you board the Hurtigruten for a journey along the Norwegian coast. Hurtigruten plays an important role and offers Norwegian coastline. You will pass many of these small villages en-route from Kirkenes to Bergen. Fullboard and accommodation onboard Hurtigruten in an outside cabin postage and supplies to the many small villages along the rugged.
- Day 9: Bergen After one of the most amazing experiences, we welcome you to the capital of the fjords, the city of Bergen. Upon arrival you will have a tour of the city, once the center of the Hanseatic League’s trading empire, while the evening remains at your disposal to explore on own. Overnight in the city of Bergen.
- Day 10: Norway in a Nutshell Today is the start of another very well-known tour, Norway in a nutshell .The first leg will be by bus as you leave Bergen to Gudvangen. From here you board a vessel that will take you on a 2-h cruise along the fjord to Flåm. Overnight in the fjord village of Flåm.
- Day 11: Welcome to Oslo Continue by train as you experience the world famous Flåmsbanen from Flåm to Myrdal. A spectacular journey. From Myrdal one last train journey will bring you to the capital of Norway, the green city of Oslo. Overnight in Oslo.
- Day 12: Oslo Today a guided city tour will take you to see the City Hall, the Vigeland Sculpture Park, the Royal Palace, and other landmarks. Overnight in Oslo
- Day 13: Departure Time to say ‘Ha det’; bye in Norwegian! Transfer to the airport and board your flight back home.
• 7 x Overnight/s in twin rooms with private facilities
• 7x Breakfast buffet
• 1x 6-day Cruise Kirkenes-Bergen with Hurtigruten in 2-bed cabins outside, fullboard
Transport & Transfers
• All bus and transfer services
Excursions & Activities
• City guide/s in Rovaniemi, Bergen and Oslo.
• 1 x Northern Lights Chase, regular tour in Rovaniemi
• 1 x Excursion to Reindeer Farm
• 1 x Aurora Camp Visit, Northern Light hunt
One person free of charge from fifteen paying persons.