TRAVEL PERIOD: WINTER
Enjoy the very best of Lapland in Winter. Start off in Rovaniemi, the home of Santa Claus, and visit the ICEHOTEL.
- Day 1: Rovaniemi Upon arrival in Rovaniemi (own arrangement), a transfer bus will take you to your hotel for your first night in Lapland.
- Day 2: Santa Claus – Äkäslompolo After breakfast, you will have some free time to explore Rovaniemi on your own. The modern village is known as the Capital of Lapland and has a special charm. The “Door to the North” is not just the commercial centre of the area, but also an attractive tourist destination. One reason for this: Rovaniemi is the home of Santa Claus, who even has his own post office in the snowy Santa Claus Village at the polar circle. You can visit Santa’s village before lunch and afterwards you leave for Äkäslompolo, located very close to the Swedish border.
- Day 3: Äkäslompolo This day will start with a strengthening breakfast. Afterwards you will have time to explore Äkäslompolo on your own. Maybe take a tour in the city or go skiing at the Ylläs Ski centre. The area provides 63 ski slopes, with a length of more than 330 km, and 28 ski lifts, making it the biggest ski region in Finland, with perfect conditions for beginners as well as experienced skiers. You also have the chance to rent cross-country skis or ice skates.
- Day 4: Äkäslompolo This day will also be at your own disposal. After a rich breakfast buffet, you have many different options. Take a tour with a dog-sledge or snowmobile, take a lesson in cross-country skiing or why not rent some snow shoes to walk through the deep snow? You could also go on a reindeer-sledge tour and enjoy the beautiful Finnish winter.
- Day 5: Kiruna After breakfast you leave Äkäslompolo and head to Kiruna, the most northern city of Sweden. Kiruna is located in Swedish Lapland, home to indigenous Sami people. Options here include moose-safari or a visit to the famous Ice Hotel in Jukkasjärvi, close to Kiruna. If you are lucky you might also spot some Northern Lights.
- Day 6: Harads – Luleå Today you will drive southwards to Harads, where you will enjoy a delicious lunch in a cosy traditional Scandinavian restaurant offering regional food. In the afternoon you make your way down to Luleå at the Gulf of Bothnia for your overnight stay.
- Day 7: Snow Castle & Sampo Icebreaker In the morning you continue to Kemi, situated at the Gulf of Bothnia and right across the Finnish border. Here you can visit the SnowCastle, which is built anew every year. After that you will have time to explore the town – visit the icebreaker MS Sampo, the gemstone gallery or go on a shopping trip in the city. Afterwards you return to Rovaniemi, where you will spend your last night in Lapland.
- Day 8: Departure After breakfast it is check-out time from the hotel. You might have some free time in Rovaniemi before your transfer guide takes you to the airport, from where you will leave Lapland.
• 7 x overnight/s in dbl/twin rooms with private facilities
• 7 x Breakfast buffet
• 1 x Lunch
Transport & Transfers
• All bus and transfer services
Excursions & Activities
• Guided tour of ICEHOTEL
• 4-h cruise with SAMPO Icebreaker including meal
• Entrance fee to Snow castle in Kemi
• Visit to Santa Claus Village
One person free of charge from fifteen paying persons.