Iceland in Style
TRAVEL PERIOD: 01.09.23 – 31.08.24
Iceland in Style
This tour will take you to the magical island of Iceland and you will not only discover it’s natural wonders but also stay in stunning accommodation along the way. Discover the capital Reykajvik, the mystical pensinsula of Snæfellsnes, the highlands asnd last but not least the wonders of the South coast. End you trip with a relaxing bath in the Blue Lagoon!
- Day 1: Arrival in Iceland Arrival to Keflavik Airport and pick-up your rental car for the next days (not included). Make your way to Reykjavik, the quirky capital of Iceland. The rest of the afternoon is yours to explore the many sights of the city. Overnight in a 4 start boutique hotel.
- Day 2: Snæfellsnes Peninsula Today you will head northwards to the pensinula or Snæfellsnes, which is often called ‘Iceland in Miniature’ due to the wealth and diversity of dramatic landscapes and natural wonders found there. If you are a Game of Thrones lover, some places might look familiar. You spend the next two nights in charming Hotel Egilsen in the town of Stykkisholmur, one of Iceland’s most picturesque towns
- Day 3: Snæfellsnes Peninsula This day is at your leisure to explore the beauty of Snæfellsnes peninsula. Some places that will leave you speechless are the lonely Kirkjufell “church mountain” rising from the sea as a backdrop for the Kirkjufellsfoss waterfall, Búðir black church and the columnar basalt cliffs of Arnarstapi and Gerðuberg. Not to forget as well is the stunning Snæfellsjökull National Park at the western tip of the peninsula.
- Day 4: Highlands Today make your way towards the otherworldly highlands of Iceland and the area of Husafell, which is located next to the famous Langjokull Glacier, Iceland’s second-largest ice cap. From here you have an abundance of fun activities just at your doorstep.
- Day 5: Langjokull Glacier Today you will experience one of the unique activities Iceland has to offer: a tour inside a massive man-made ice tunnel located inside Langjokull Glacier. The 500-meters-long ice tunnel is the largest in the world, standing 3-m tall and 3.5-m wide. The rest of the day is yours to spend in the area, go for a small hike in the dense birchwood forest, enjoy a round of golfing or just soak in one of the geothermal pools.
- Day 6: South Coast & Golden Cirlce Venture south to another must-see area of Iceland, the stunning South Coast. Along the way we recommend the wonders of the Golden Circle: Geysir, Gullfoss Waterfall and Thingvellir National Park. For the next three night you will have the pleasure to stay at luxury Skalakot Manor Hotel, which is also a farm focussing on breeding Icelandic horses and already family run for four generations.
- Day 7: Super Jeep Tour Today you will not have to drive yourself but be picked up by a sturdy Super Jeep that will take you to Þórsmörk, valley of the Thunder God Thor. For 6-8 hours your guide will tell you stories about the area and might take you on short hikes, to truly feel the pull and tug of landscape. (not guaranteed but depending on the fitness of the whole group).
- Day 8: South Coast Magic Today is at your leisure to explore more of the magic South coast with its waterfalls, black sand beaches, volcanoes, and glaciers. Or you can choose the relax at the hotel and join of the horse riding tours.
- Day 9: Blue Lagoon Today you will travel closer to Keflavik Airport and across the Reykjanes peninsula, a geological wonder, where lighthouses outnumber villages. The peninsula is also home to Iceland’s newest volcano, the Fagradalsfjall volcano, which started erupting in 2022. Last but not least the area houses the spectacular Blue Lagoon, where you will spend the night at Silica Hotel. End your discovery of Iceland with a relaxing bath in the infamous milky blue waters.
- Day 10: Departure Departure from Keflavik Airport at own leisure.
• 1 nights in a centrally located hotel in Reykjavik with breakfast
• 2 night in hotel in Stykkisholmur with breakfast
• 2 nights in a hotel in Husafell with breakfast
• 3 nights in a hotel at the South coast with breakfast
• 1 night at the Blue Lagoon with breakfast, welcome drink and free use of the Silica Lagoon
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Grindavik with breakfast
Services not included
•Rental car – rates can be offered on request
• 1 x Into the Glacier Tour
• 1 x Thorsmork Super Jeep tour
From Stykkisholmur go on a 2-hrs boat tour into the breathtaking Breiðafjörður. During the tour we can try some Viking sushi – fresh seafood that is fished right on the spot.