Hunting The Lights
TRAVEL PERIOD: 01.12.2023-31.03.2024
Hunting The Lights
Join an Arctic adventure which travels to remote regions along the dramatic coastline and to the most northerly part of Norway. The entire duration of this tour is spent above the Arctic Circle, increasing your chances of seeing the Aurora Borealis. During your stay it is possible to choose several fantastic activities. Try the Husky safari, enjoy a taste of Sami life, or join the incredibly popular Northern Lights Safari.
- Day 1: Arrival in Tromsø From Tromsø airport, you can take a taxi or the airport shuttle to the city centre, this will be at your own cost. Sights of interest in Tromsø may include the Polar Museum, Northern Light Planetarium and Tromsø Museum. The arctic city of Tromsø is the most northern university town and the largest city above the Arctic Circle. Due to the city’s location right in the middle of the planet’s Northern Light’s belt, Tromsø offers the world’s best chances of spotting the Northern Lights. Accommodation in a 4-star hotel in Tromsø
- Day 2: Northern Lights Breakfast at the hotel and day at own leisure. You can add a Whale watching tour (available from November 1st to January 31st). In the evening you depart on a chasing the Northern lights excursion. During this tour, your guide will do his/her utmost to find the best Northern lights show and if you are within driving distance, stop at a traditional lavu where you can roast marshmallows and enjoy your snowy surroundings. Accommodation in a 4-star hotel in Tromsø
- Day 3: Hurtigruten Voyage Breakfast at the hotel. Day at leisure in Tromsø before checking in for your next adventure – the Hurtigruten. Enjoy a beautiful cruise as you travel north along the spectacular Norwegian coastline. As the journey to Kirkenes hugs the coastline you visit remote settlements which rely on the Hurtigruten ships to maintain contact with the rest of Norway. Departure from Tromsø at 18:30. Accommodation and dinner on board Hurtigruten.
- Day 4: North Cape After a short stop in Hammerfest, your journey will continue to Honningsvåg. Breakfast is served onboard the ship From Honningsvåg an excursion to mainland Europe’s most northerly point, North Cape is included. This is a wild and windswept headland where the cliffs rise dramatically 300 meters from the sea. Continue onboard until you reach Kirkenes. Accommodation and dinner on board Hurtigruten in unspecified outside cabin.
- Day 5: Kirkenes Breakfast on board Hurtigruten. While you sleep the ship continues sailing east along the Varanger peninsula, past Båtsfjord and Vardø. At 09:00 you will arrive in Kirkenes. You will be met by a fisherman for your King Crab activity. The big catch, the king crab will be served as lunch at a home of one of the fishermen. The duration of the tour is four hours. After the tour you will be met and transferred to the Kirkenes snow hotel. Accommodation and dinner at Kirkenes Snow Hotel.
- Day 6: Departure Breakfast at the hotel and transfer by minibus back to town. Rest of your day at leisure and departure from Kirkenes according to your own itinerary (airport transfer not included).
• 2 nights hotel accommodation in Tromsø with breakfast
• 2 nights aboard Hurtigruten in an outside cabin with breakfast and dinner
• 1 night in the snowhotel kirkenes with breakfast and dinner
Excursions and tours
• Excursions and tours as included in the itinerary
In Tromsø you can also visit the world’s northernmost glass blowers Blåst. Drop by and watch the skilled glass blowers do their magic.