Hunting The Lights
TRAVEL PERIOD: 01.12.2021 – 31.03.2022
Hunting The Lights
Join an Arctic adventure which travels to remote regions along the dramatic coastline and to the most northerly part of Norway. The entire duration of this tour is spent above the Arctic Circle, increasing your chances of seeing the Aurora Borealis. During your stay it is possible to choose several fantastic activities. Visit the Russian border, try the Husky safari, enjoy a taste of Sami life or join the enormously popular Northern Lights Safari.
- Day 1: Arrival in Tromsø From Tromsø airport, you can take a taxi or the airport shuttle to the city centre, this will be at your own cost. Sights of interest in Tromsø may include the Polar Museum, Northern Light Planetarium and Tromsø Museum. The arctic city of Tromsø is the most northern university town and the largest city above the Arctic Circle. Due to the city’s location right in the middle of the planet’s Northern Light’s belt, Tromsø offers the world’s best chances of spotting the Northern Lights.
- Day 2: Northern Lights Breakfast at the hotel and day at own leisure. In the evening you depart on a chasing the Northern lights excursion. During this tour, your guide will do his/her utmost to find the best Northern lights show and if you are within driving distance, stop at a traditional lavu where you can roast marshmallows and enjoy your snowy surroundings.
- Day 3: Hurtigruten Voyage Breakfast at the hotel. Day at leisure in Tromsø before checking in for your next adventure – the Hurtigruten. Enjoy a beautiful cruise as you travel north along the spectacular Norwegian coastline. As the journey to Kirkenes hugs the coastline you visit remote settlements which rely on the Hurtigruten ships to maintain contact with the rest of Norway. Departure from Tromsø at 18:30. Accommodation and dinner on board Hurtigruten.
- Day 4: North Cape After a short stop in Hammerfest, your journey will continue to Honningsvåg. Breakfast is served onboard the ship From Honningsvåg an excursion to mainland Europe’s most northerly point, North Cape is included. This is a wild and windswept headland where the cliffs rise dramatically 300 meters from the sea. Continue onboard until you reach Kirkenes, a mere 10km from the Russian border. Accommodation and dinner on board Hurtigruten in unspecified outside cabin.
- Day 5: Kirkenes Breakfast on board Hurtigruten. While you sleep the ship continues sailing east along the Varanger peninsula, past Båtsfjord and Vardø. At 09:45 you will arrive in Kirkenes. At 13:00 you are met by a fisherman, you will be provided with warm clothes, boots and mittens before you set out to be a fisherman of king crabs for the day. The big catch, the king crab will be served as lunch at a home of one of the fishermen. The duration of the tour is four hours. After the tour you will be met and transferred to the Kirkenes snow hotel. Accommodation and dinner at Kirkenes Snow Hotel.
- Day 6: Departure Breakfast at the hotel and transfer by minibus back to town. Rest of your day at leisure and departure from Kirkenes according to your own itinerary (airport transfer not included).
• 2 nights hotel accommodation in Tromsø with breakfast
• 2 nights aboard Hurtigruten in an outside cabin with breakfast and dinner
• 1 night in the snowhotel kirkenes with breakfast and dinner
Excursions and tours
• Excursions and tours as included in the itinerary