GUARANTEED DEPARTURE WITH TOUR LEADER
10th – 16th MARCH 2023
Guaranteed Departure: Aurora Express
One of our most popular tours is back for another round in 2023. The Aurora Express will depart in March and will be led by one of our very own travel specialists. With overnights at Wild Nordic Finland and ICEHOTEL and an incredible Northern Lights cruise on the Brim Explorer, this tour ticks off all the highlights of the far North.
- 10th of March 2023 Arrive in Rovaniemi and transfer from the airport to your magical escape. The Arctic circle lodge is in the beautiful wilderness area, only a 12-minute drive from Santa Claus village and 20 minutes from the city Centre. En-route, you will stop by the Wild Nordic office to pick up your thermal clothing set (overall, boots, woolen socks, gloves, and a scarf if needed) You will be close to the Raudanjoki river and surrounded by lush forests and fresh air. Your home for the next two nights will be in the panorama huts, inspired by natures building materials. Meet for dinner tonight and get to know the rest of the group and your Haman tour leader. Overnight in the Panorama Design Huts.
- 11th of March 2023 Breakfast is served in the lodge. Everyone knows that Rovaniemi is home to Santa Claus, and today you have the possibility to meet him yourself. Transfer to Santa Claus village and time at leisure. We have allocated three hours in the village – there are many things to do and much to see. We recommend lunch at the village (at your own expense). Snowman world is well worth the visit , entrance to be paid on the spot (not included). Return to the Arctic Circle lodge and afternoon at leisure. In the evening, a special treat awaits. Transfer to the Arctic Snow hotel and glass igloos for a dinner in a traditional Finnish kota after dinner experience the silence of an electric snowmobile excursion. The electric snowmobile is an innovative new way to experience the Arctic without disturbing the silent peace and wintery nature, a sustainable way of experiencing the Lappish nature! (Excursions is 3 hours). Overnight in the Panorama Design Huts
- 12th of March 2023 Breakfast is served at the Arctic circle lodge. Soon it is time to say good-bye to Rovaniemi and Finland as you head North to Sweden. The journey by coach takes approximately five hours. It will also be possible to buy something to eat and drink (own expense) during one of the stops. Arrival at the Ice hotel in the afternoon and check in to your warm accommodation (Kaamos rooms). If you are feeling adventurous and would like to experience a night in the ice hotel – please let us know and we can assist with your request (supplementary charge). Dinner and Overnight in the ICEHOTEL.
- 13th of March 2023 Breakfast is served at the restaurant. Today a dog sledding tour with wilderness lunch is awaiting you. Your team is driven by an experienced musher. This chosen excursion is 4 hours and will offer you the chance to experience this amazing location from a sled. Dinner and Overnight in the ICEHOTEL.
- 14th of March 2023 Breakfast is served at the ice hotel. After breakfast you will be transferred to the train station. Board the local train for your journey to Narvik. This train journey is dramatic and will leave you breathless as you travel between two countries, Sweden, and Norway. The journey is approximately three and a half hours. Arrival in Narvik and coach transfer to Tromsø. This route has been nicknamed the ‘Arctic route’. You will have the possibility to buy something to eat and drink before the coach journey from Narvik to Tromsø. You will arrive in Tromsø mid evening. After checking in settle down to enjoy a tasty three course dinner. Dinner and Overnight at Clarion The Edge Hotel.
- 15th of March 2023 Breakfast is served at the hotel. Today at leisure, as mentioned daytime excursions are available at a supplementary charge and we will be happy to pre book this for you. Lunch at own expense. In the evening embark on an unforgettable cruise, you will experience silence as you cruise into the darkness of the Tromsø fjords. Settle at one of the tables next to the panoramic windows. While the captain keeps an eye out for the Northern Lights from the bridge, your hosts will serve a delicious dinner from one of the local restaurants in Tromsø. ( Beverages at own expense). Overnight at Clarion The Edge Hotel.
16th of March 2023
Breakfast is served at the hotel. An airport bus ticket is included for your short bus journey to the airport according to you onward destination. We hope that you have enjoyed this tour and that it has left you with positive memories of Scandinavia, and a truly magical experience of Lapland.
• Two nights at the Arctic Circle Wilderness Resort with breakfast and one dinner
• Two nights at the ICEHOTEL (Kaamos room) with breakfast and two dinners
• Two night’s accommodation at the Edge Hotel with breakfast and one dinner
Transport & Transfers
• Transfer from Rovaniemi airport to the Arctic Circle lodge
• Transfer from the Arctic Wilderness Resort to the ICEHOTEL
• Transfer from the ice hotel to Kiruna train station
• Local train from Kiruna to Narvik
• Transfer from Narvik to Tromsø
• Airport bus ticket from Tromsø hotel to Tromsø airport
Excursions & Activities
• Tour leader from Haman
• Visit to Santa Claus village
• Electric northern lights snowmobile with traditional dinner in a Kota
• Dog sledding tour with wilderness lunch
• Electric boat cruise with dinner
Meet your tour leader Michelle
Our very own Sales & Operations Consultant Michelle Duchene will be leading this tour. She speaks fluent English and German and is very excited to take your guests on the Aurora Express. She has worked in the Haman Scandinavia FIT department since 2021.
Not only is she an absolute expert on everything Scandinavia, she’s an excellent guide and will show your clients the very best that the far North has to offer.