Grand Tour of the North
TRAVEL PERIOD: ALL YEAR
Grand Tour of the North
A wonderful tour leading you through the wonders of Scandinavia. From Helsinki to Stockholm and Hamar, to the wonders of the Norwegian Fjords and its capital.
- Day 1: Arrival in Helsinki One night accommodation in a centrally located hotel in Helsinki.
- Day 2: Helsinki – Stockholm On today’s city sightseeing tour, you will see the most important and interesting parts of Helsinki. Lunch is on own and your tour terminates in the harbour to board the overnight cruise that will take you to Stockholm.
- Day 3: Stockholm From the harbour embark on a half-day exploration tour of this beautiful city. You will also join a guided walking tour of the charming Old Town to see the royal Palace and the Cathedral from the outside.
- Day 4: Stockholm – Hamar Today you will start the journey by coach towards Norway. We will make a stop on the way in the city of Karlstad.
- Day 5: Trollstigen– Geiranger Fjord First stop of today’s journey is Lillehammer – the Olympic Games region. Continue north with a stop in Lom to see the wooden stave church. Further, via Grotli to finally reach Geiranger. A photo-stop is made before descending the hairpin curves to the village by the fjord.
- Day 6: Geirangerfjord – Balestrand You will take a morning cruise on the Geiranger Fjord with the impressive waterfalls “the Bridal Veil” and “the seven sisters”. Continue to Briksdal Glacier. In the late afternoon we reach the resort Balestrand located on the shores of the fjord and surrounded by high mountains.
- Day 7: Flåm – Bergen In Gudvangen, a 2-hour fjord cruise will bring you along the Nærøyfjord, Europe’s narrowest fjord channel, to Flåm. In Flåm you will board the famous Flåm Railway. Head towards Bergen by bus for your next overnight.
- Day 8: Hardangerfjord – Geilo On your half day sightseeing of Bergen you will stroll through the old alleys and admire the small wooden houses, Hanseatic Bryggen Harbour as the Fish and Flower market. Take the mountain funicular to the top of Mount Fløyen. In the afternoon we continue towards the Hardangerfjord. We make a stop at Vøringsfoss waterfall, before ascending the Hardangervidda Mountain Plateau and reaching the resort town of Geilo.
- Day 9: Oslo Half day guided tour of Oslo
- Day 10: Oslo – Copenhagen You will meet your guide, with whom you will be visiting the city’s attractions. Entrance to the Viking Ship Museum is included. After this, the bus takes you to the harbor to board the overnight cruise towards Copenhagen.
- Day 11: Copenhagen Upon Arrival, your local guide will take you on a full-day sightseeing tour of Denmark’s charming capital.
- Day 12: Departure Today it is time for you to leave Scandinavia and a transfer bus will take you to the airport, from where you will start your journey home.
• 9 x overnight stay in selected hotels (3 & 4 *) with private facilities
• 1 x Cruise Helsinki – Stockholm in 2-bed cabin (inside cabin)
• 1 x Cruise Oslo – Copenhagen in 2-bed cabin (inside cabin)
• 11 x Scandinavian breakfast buffet
Transport & Transfers
• Bus service and transfers as per itinerary
Excursions & Activities
• Cruise on Geiranger fjord Geiranger – Hellesylt
• Cruise on Nærøyfjord Flåm – Gudvangen
• Guided city tours in Helsinki, Stockholm, Bergen, Oslo and Copenhagen
• Entrance fees according to itinerary
One person free of charge from fifteen paying persons.