Glaciers & Fjords
TRAVEL PERIOD: 01.05.2022 – 30.09.2022
Glaciers & Fjords
The waterfront in Norway is 2600km long. The coast is made up of many small islands and beautiful fjords. Fjords are the emblem of Norway and are world renowned. The fjords are divided by fjord ‘arms’ all of them offering a different type of charm. This tour allows you to discover unimaginable beauty, majestic fjords, snow-capped glaciers and mountains. Norway is one of the countries that still boast splendid glaciers – on this tour you can visit Norway’s largest glacier – and enjoy this country in all its splendour.
- Day 1: Arrival in Oslo Arrive in Oslo according to your own itinerary. The Norwegian capital is beautifully situated at the head of the Oslo Fjord and surrounded by forested ridges. Accommodation in 3* hotel in Oslo city center.
- Day 2: Oslo – Balestrand Breakfast at the hotel. Morning departure by train from Oslo to Myrdal, part of the Bergen Railway. The railway connects Norway’s two largest cities and shows the diversity of the Norwegian landscape and scenery. At Myrdal you will change to the Flåm Railway, passing through wild and beautiful mountain scenery with waterfalls and steep mountain sides from a height of up to 900 metres and down to the Sognefjord. From Flåm you continue by boat on the Sognefjord, the world’s longest and deepest fjord, to Balestrand.
- Day 3: Fjærland Glacier Excursion Breakfast at the hotel. Travel on the Fjærlandsfjord and experience one of the most beautiful fjord arms in Norway. From there you will continue to two different extensions of the Jostedal Glacier; Supphellebreen and Bøyabreen glaciers. Return by ferry to Balestrand.
- Day 4: Balestrand – Sognefjord – Bergen Breakfast at the hotel. Continue by boat on the Sognefjord and then along the coast Bergen – the Gateway to the Fjords. Bergen is Norway’s second largest city and the world’s only city surrounded by 7 mountains and 7 fjords.
- Day 5: Bergen Breakfast at the hotel. This day is at your own leisure in Bergen.
- Day 6: Bergen – Ulvik Breakfast at the hotel. Spend your day travelling to Ulvik discovering the highlights of Norway.
- Day 7: Ulvik – Voss – Oslo Breakfast at the hotel. This day is at leisure in Ulvik before departing by bus to Voss in the afternoon. During the bus ride you will pass through attractive farmland. In Voss you will change to the Bergen Railway to Oslo (evening arrival).
- Day 8: Departure Breakfast at the hotel. Departure from Oslo according to your own itinerary.
• 2 nights in a centrally located hotel in Oslo with breakfast
• 2 nights in a centrally located hotel in Balestrand with breakfast
• 2 nights in a centrally located hotel in Bergenwith breakfast
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Ulvik with breakfast
• Fjærland Glacier Excursion (full day)
Transport & Transfers
• Oslo – Myrdal – Flam
• Flam – Balestrand
• Balestrand – Bregen
• Bergen – Norheimsund
• Norheimsund – Eidfjord
• Eidfjord – Ulvik
• Ulvik – Voss
• Voss – Oslo