Finnish Lakes & Forests
TRAVEL PERIOD: 01.05.24 -31.10.24
Finnish Lakes & Forests
On this trip you will experience the Land of the Thousand Lakes. The seemingly endless lakes in Finland`s lake district are punctuated by several communities that come to magical life in the summer, from Imatra and Lappeenranta in the south to the town of Savonlinna with its medieval island castle. The Karelia region gives you a taste of the distinctive culture, flavored by the historical influence of the Orthodox faith and the hospitable character of the Karelian people.
- Day 1: Arrival in Helsinki Accommodation in a centrally located hotel in Helsinki.
- Day 2: Helsinki – Lappeenranta Drive to Lappeenranta. We recommend a stop in Porvoo, a small, idyllic town which is the second oldest in Finland. Two nights accommodation in a hotel in Lappeenranta.
- Day 3: Lake Saimaa Enjoy a day at your own leisure. We recommend a two hour cruise on Lake Saimaa and a visit to the huge sand castle, which can be visited from June to August. In the evening we recommend an excursion to the Imatrankoski Rapids.
- Day 4: Lappeenranta – Savonlinna – Joensuu Today’s drive will give you the opportunity to experience the famous lake lands. Accommodation in a hotel in Joensuu.
- Day 5: Joensuu – Jyväsklyla From Joensuu head into western direction, passing Varkaus on your way to Jyväskylä. Jyväskylä is especially known for its rich variety of culture, museums, art exhibitions, concerts, events and theatre performances. Accommodation in a hotel in Jyväskylä
- Day 6: Jyväskylä – Tampere – Turku From Jyväskylä drive towards Tampere, located between two lakes, which differ in level by 18 meters. The Tammerkoski rapids linking them have been an important power source throughout history.
- Day 7: Turku – Helsinki Drive past Salo, often considered the original hometown of Nokia telephones, towards Helsinki. Accommodation in a hotel in Helsinki city center.
- Day 8: Departure Departure according to your own itinerary.
• 2 nights in a centrally located hotel in Helsinki with breakfast
• 2 nights in a centrally located hotel in Lappeenranta with breakfast
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Joensuu with breakfast
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Jyväskylä with breakfast
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Turku with breakfast
Services not included
• Rental car – rates can be offered on request
• Any museum entrances or other excursions mentioned in the itinerary
Ruska, a typical Finnish name for the Autumn colours is not to be missed. A beautiful time to visit Finland.