Finland and Scandinavia
TRAVEL PERIOD: ALL YEAR
Duration: 10 Days – 9 Nights
Finland and Scandinavia
Vibrant cities, places steeped in history, beautiful coasts, deep forests, exciting mountain roads, stunning fjord landscapes and much more – Come to Finland – top ranked as the world’s happiest country in 2018 year’s edition of the UN-produced World Happiness Report!
- Day 1: Arrival in Helsinki One night accommodation in a centrally located hotel in Helsinki.
- Day 2: Helsinki – Turku Leaving Helsinki, you head towards Turku, the oldest city in Finland.
- Day 3: Turku – Rauma – Vaasa On the way north, you will stop in the town of Rauma, known for Old Rauma. Then you head to Vaasa, which is also a bilingual city where 25% of the population speak Swedish as their first language.
- Day 4: Vaasa – Umeå The day is spent in Vaasa, where you visit the main attractions of the city and learn about the unique Kvarken World Heritage Archipelago in the sea outside Vaasa. In the evening you depart with a ferry, have a delicious meal onboard, and arrive in Umeå in Sweden, where you stay overnight.
- Day 5: Umeå – Höga kusten – Sundsvall Today you will see the most beautiful part of Sweden’s eastern coast – the High Coast. You will stop at the foot of the Skule Mountain, one of the most visited places on the High Coast. Then you will cross the impressive High Coast-bridge, before heading south towards Sundsvall, where you will spend the night.
- Day 6: Sundsvall – Trondheim After lunch you continue westward by train, crossing the border to Norway, and arrive in Trondheim in the evening.
- Day 8: Trondheim – Geiranger On your way to Geiranger you will drive the famous Trollstigen (Troll Ladder), a spectacular tourist attraction due to its steep incline and narrow turns. Overnight you will stay in Geiranger.
- Day 9: Geiranger- Lillehammer In the morning you have opportunity to do a boat trip on the Geiranger Fjord before continuing your journey. If the weather is good, you might take a detour up to Mt. Dalsnibba, which is 1476 m high. After a day of beautiful scenery, you arrive in Lillehammer late in the afternoon.
- Day 10: Oslo Today you start your journey home, bringing with you many new impressions and memories.
• 9 x overnight in twin rooms
• 9 x breakfast buffet
Transport & Transfers
• Bus hire on days 1 (4h), 2-4, 5, 7-9
• Transfer harbour to hotel in Umeå
• Airport transfer in Oslo
Excursions & Activities
• Ferry fare Vaasa – Umeå
• Train fare Sundsvall – Trondheim (2nd class)
• City sightseeing in Helsinki, Vaasa and Oslo
One person free of charge from fifteen paying persons.