The Sounds of the North
TRAVEL PERIOD: ALL YEAR
Duration: 4 Days, 3 Nights
The Sounds of the North
Welcome to Norway’s beautiful capital!
- Day 1: Arrival in Helsinki Today you will arrive in Helsinki, the capital of Finland. A transfer will bring you to your hotel. Check in and overnight.
- Day 2: Sound of Helsinki Today you will have the opportunity to get to know the Finnish capital better on a guided tour. Amongst other things, you will see the Temppeliaukio church, the Senate square with the bright white cathedral, the Uspenski cathedral and the Sibelius monument. There is no better way to get to know Finnish culture than at a Sibelius concert. Enjoy the radio play performed by the best musicians in the country and admire the graphic illustrations. In the evening, make your way to the ferry, which takes you from Helsinki to Stockholm.
- Day 3: Experience Stockholm the musical way Upon arrival, check in at the hotel of your choice. Afterwards you go on a three-hour city tour through Sweden’s beautiful capital. Discover the Swedish Music Hall of Fame and immerse yourself in the history of the legendary Swedish pop band ABBA in the museum of the same name! The interactive museum is located on the green island of Djurgården and was opened in May 2013. Go on an interesting journey through the ABBA world! The rest of the day is at your leisure.
- Day 4: On the way towards Oslo After breakfast, you will head to Oslo. You continue through beautiful forests, passing infinite lake landscapes and get to know Sweden better. In the evening, check in to your hotel in Oslo.
- Day 5: The Melody of Oslo A local guide will present you the city highlights of Oslo, such as the Vigeland sculpture park, the new opera house, the town hall, the royal castle and the panoramic view of the city and fjord. This tour will include a visit at the opera house on the harbor. Oslo’s opera house offers a rich and varied program on three stages. In the afternoon you will continue to Geilo.
- Day 6: On the way towards Bergen After a delicious breakfast, you will continue to Bergen. The journey resumes along the panoramic road over the great Hardangervidda plateau and the beautiful Hardangerfjord. In the evening, enjoy the Edvard Grieg Museum in Troldhaugen and listen to the professional musicians who play the well-known pieces by the Norwegian composer.
- Day 7: Bergen for Music-lovers Today you will inspect the former trading and shipping city with your guide and admire the famous cityscape of Bergen. The waterfront “Bryggen”, which is reflected in the water, with its famous fish market and its typical colorful houses and courtyards from the Hanseatic period will definitely be worth a visit. In the afternoon you can discover more of Bergen in your own pace.
Day 8: Departure
Today you will board your homebound flight. Depending on your flight times you have more time at leisure in Bergen before a transfer brings you to the airport.
If your choir wants to perform in different locations in the north? No problem! We can arrange various options that make it possible to fulfill your request.
If you would like the opportunity to demonstrate your skills in a different location – contact us!
• 6x overnights in DBL room with Shower/WC
• 7x Scandinavian Breakfast Buffet
Transport & Transfers
• All bus and transfer services
Excursions & Activities
• Ferry passage Helsinki – Stockholm
• Entrance ABBA museum in Stockholm
• Entrance Oslo Opera House
• Entrance Edvard Grieg Museum Troldhaugen
• 3-hrs sightseeing in Helsinki
• 3-hrs sightseeing in Stockholm
• 3-hrs sightseeing in Oslo
• 2-hrs sightseeing in Bergen
One person free of charge from fifteen paying persons.