TRAVEL PERIOD: ALL YEAR
Have you ever thought about exploring the longest and deepest fjord of Norway? Then this is your tour! At its deepest, Sognefjorden plunges to more than 1,300 metres, and the mountains along the fjord rise to more than 1,700 metres. The fjord is a natural thrill, let’s explore it together!
- Day 1: Arrival in Oslo One nights accommodation in the city centre of Oslo.
- Day 2: Oslo – Geilo Departure by train from Oslo to Geilo. In Geilo, you can experience a horse ride in the beautiful landscapes during summer or you could go skiing in the winter (not included). One nights accommodation in Geilo.
- Day 3: Geilo – Sogndal Train from Geilo to Myrdal, where you board the famous Flåmsbana. The train will take you to Flåm and from there, you will head by bus to Sogndal. One nights accommodation in Sogndal.
Day 4: Sogndal
Breakfast at the hotel. Day at leisure. In the summer, a hike on the glacier (not included) is highly recommended with the Norwegian and Nepalese guides during the day, and at night, a cruise in the fjord (not included) is waiting for you to relax. In the winter, you can go skiing and snowshoeing. Accommodation in a 4-star hotel in Sogndal.
Day 5: Sogndal – Bergen
In the afternoon board the boat to Bergen, cruising along Norway’s longest and deepest fjord, the Sognefjord. Accommodation in a 4-star hotel in Bergen.
Day 6: Bergen
Breakfast at the hotel. Day at leisure. We can include a round trip with the cable car to enjoy the wonderful view. Accommodation in a 4-star hotel in Bergen.
- Day 7: Departure Breakfast at the hotel. Departure according to your own itinerary.
• 1 nights in a centrally located hotel in Oslo with breakfast
• 1 nights in a centrally located hotel in Geilo with breakfast
• 2 night in a centrally located hotel in Sogndal with breakfast
• 2 nights in a centrally located hotel in Bergen with breakfast
Transport & Transfers
• Train journey between Oslo and Geilo (Standard class with seat reservation)
• Train journey between Geilo and Myrdal (standard class with seat reservation)
• The Flåm Railway from Myrdal to Flåm
• Bus from Flåm to Sogndal
• Boat journey through Sognefjord to Bergen
Did you know that the Jostedal Glacier is the largest glacier in continental Europe? It is possible to hike with a guide from May to October. An incredible experience.