Christmas Igloo Escape
TRAVEL PERIOD: 23.12 -27.12 23
Christmas Igloo Escape
The official home of Santa Claus lies in the city of Rovaniemi, Finland. In this very special city, you will find a magical escape. Step inside this winter wonderland, full of adventure. Accommodation is far from usual, as you experience glass igloos and snow hotels. Days are filled with wonderful experiences from snowshoes to huskies, to electric snowmobiles. Embrace the Finnish culture and join us this Christmas on a tour far away from the norm.
- Day 1 On arrival you will have a transfer from the airport to the Arctic SnowHotel and Glass Igloos. The journey is approximately 40 minutes. You will notice that you leave behind the lights and the city feel as you move further away from your everyday life, soon you arrive out in the nature and wilderness. The Arctic SnowHotel and Glass Igloos are located right next to a lake, frozen in the wintertime. Dinner is served in the Kota restaurant. We highly recommend the glow fried salmon. Overnight in a glass igloo.
- Day 2 A hearty and healthy breakfast is served in the Log restaurant. Mid-morning transfer to Santa Claus village. Santa Claus Village offers the opportunity to meet Santa Claus, visit his post office as well as do some shopping, but that’s not all – included in your visit today, is entrance to Snowman World. Snowman World is bound to bring out the child in you. Enjoy ice skating, ice slides, and an ice bar. Please note that Snowman World closes at 15h00 on the 24th December. We are sure that all this fun has created an appetite, and at 12h00, lunch will be served in Santamus restaurant. This is an unforgettable experience and a taste of authentic Lapland. Late afternoon transfer back to Arctic SnowHotel and Glass Igloos. Enjoy some relaxing time, before a traditional Christmas dinner is served in the Log restaurant. Who knows, maybe a special guest will appear this evening. Overnight in a glass igloo.
- Day 3 Breakfast in the Log restaurant. Today you transfer to a husky farm located approximately 20 minutes away. This is a family-owned, responsible kennel offering a memorable experience with huskies and owners. Included is a husky safari and light snacks. Return to the resort and some time at leisure. Tonight, dinner is served in the Ice restaurant. Enjoy a three-course meal. After dinner is at leisure, unless you decide to opt for an electric snowmobile tour. If so, meet your guide. Walk together, approximately 8 minutes to the starting point of your snowmobile safari. This is an exciting excursion as the snowmobiles are electric, that means no noise and no odour of gasoline. A perfect way to enjoy this excursion, and hopefully the Northern Lights will also make an appearance. Overnight in a glass igloo.
- Day 4 Breakfast is served in the Log restaurant. Today is a relaxing day. Included is a snowshoe hike – starting point from the reception. Enjoy the nature and wintery landscape on snowshoes – tour is led by an experienced guide. On your return, enjoy a traditional sauna experience, which includes sauna, snow sauna and a jacuzzi. Dinner this evening is in the Kota restaurant. Accommodation in snow rooms. The Arctic SnowHotel is one of the biggest snow hotels in the world. The spectacular SnowHotel is carved each year making it unique. The room temperature is minus 5, but the sleeping bags will keep you snug and very warm. Enjoy the night and sleep well.
- Day 5 After breakfast, say goodbye to the capital of Finnish Lapland, as you head to Rovaniemi airport by scheduled transfer.
• 4 nights’ accommodation at the Arctic SnowHotel and Glass Igloos (3 nights igloo & 1 night SnowHotel)
• Breakfast daily
• 2 Kota dinners
• 1 traditional Christmas dinner (24.12)
• 1 dinner in the Ice restaurant
Transport & Transfers
• Scheduled transfer from Rovaniemi airport and return
• Day 2: Day excursion to Santa Claus Village, with Snowman World entrance and lunch at Santamus.
• Day 3: Husky excursion with light lunch
– Optional Northern Lights electric snowmobile excursion (supplement applies)
• Day 4: Snowshoe excursion and traditional sauna experience
Dinner in the kota restaurant is asbolutely amazing, the atmosphere and open fire place make this a very cozy expereince. We highly recommend the glowfried salmon.