Christmas Arctic Escape
TRAVEL PERIOD: 23-27th December 2023
Christmas Arctic Escape
Wilderness, focusing on winter activities, and good food. During this Christmas escape, you will get to experience fun excursions in this winter paradise, and food experiences served in the well-known restaurant, Aanaar. The wilderness hotel stands on the shore od River Juutua, in the centre of the Sami village of Inari. Enjoy this inclusive package over the Christmas period.
- Day 1 Arrival to Ivalo Airport and transfer to Wilderness Hotel Juutua (approx. 40 min). Enjoy a welcome dinner and settle in your accommodation. Depending on your arrival time, cold weather gear is given to you either upon arrival or the next day.
Day 2 – 4
24.12 – 26.12 -Activities: The full schedule and itinerary will be presented to you by the hotel on arrival, but will include:
Snowmobile Safari: The guide will teach you how to cope with these powerful machines, and after a full safety and driving lesson, you will head out to the wilderness. Snowmobiling through white winter scenery is a breath-taking experience that will last for a lifetime. During the safari we will enjoy some hot drinks and have a chance to get some pictures.
Reindeer visit: During this day, you will have a chance to meet an authentic reindeer herder and his herd. You will learn interesting facts about these semi-wild animals and the life up here in the north.
Husky safari: Husky safari is a ‘must do’ experience when visiting Lapland. You will be taught how to handle the sled before you head out for the husky safari, where the huskies will pull your sled through the beautiful winter scenery. Enjoy the excitement of the dogs before the start, and the serene silence once they get to do what they love – run in the snowy scenery. The musher will also show you around the husky farm during your visit. All our husky safaris are based on two people sharing a sled unless otherwise stated.
Snowshoeing experience: If you prefer a nice gentle walk in a beautiful snowy surrounding, this is the tour for you. We will equip you with snowshoes (and poles if preferred) and head for a nice little walk in the surroundings of the hotel. Along the way, our guide will share interesting stories and information about the Finnish nature.
Aurora Camp: This trip takes you to one of our specifically chosen camp spots, where we will try to catch the northern lights. You will be comfortably seated in a sledge, pulled by a guide’s snowmobile. We will have open fire and warm drinks while waiting for the sky to show its magic.
- Day 4 Enjoy a tasteful five course menu in our Aanaar restaurant. Taste Lapland’s seasons with a view to the rapids of River Juutua.
- Day 5 Breakfast and airport transfer.
• 4 nights’ accommodation in an Arctic room at Wilderness hotel Juutua
• Full board from dinner upon arrival until breakfast on departure day: Three course dinner on three nights and five course dinner on one night
• Winter outdoor clothing
Transport & Transfers
• Scheduled transfer from Ivalo airport and return
• Activities mentioned in the program (details to be presented on arrival at the hotel, and on check in). Snowmobile Safari, Reindeer farm visit, husky safari, Aurora camo, snowshoeing experience.