TRAVEL PERIOD: 20.12.2021 – 31.03.2022
Experience a typical Norwegian winter in the enchanting area of Alta. Alta (known as the city of the Aurora) is Northern Norway’s largest town, located in the inner reaches of the Altafjord. The city is surrounded by arctic tundra, mountain plateaus and costal landscapes which create a magical winter paradise.
- Day 1: Arrival in Alta Pick up at Alta airport and transfer to hotel. Enjoy the rest of your day leisure in Alta. Two nights accommodation in a centrally located hotel in Alta city centre.
- Day 2: Dog Sledding & Northern Lights You will spend the day on a husky dog sled excursion. In the evening your next adventure will be a Northern Lights chase.
- Day 3: Snow Shoeing & Igloo Hotel Today, you will put on snowshoes and hike to a frozen lake, where you will try and catch your own Arctic Char for lunch. In the afternoon, transfer to your the world’s northernmost igloo hotel. Accommodation at Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel.
- Day 4: Snowmobiling Get ready for an adrenalin rush – today you will head on a snowmobile excursion. Lunch will be served outdoors, before heading back to the city. Accommodation in a hotel in Alta city centre.
- Day 5: Departure You will be transported from the hotel back to the airport according to your flight schedule.
• 3 nights hotel accommodation in Alta with breakfast
• 1 night at the Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel with breakfast
Transport & Transfers
• Return airport transfers
• Husky Sled Excursion
• Northern Lights Chase
• Snowshoe & Icefishing Excursion
• Snowmobile Excursion
The Alta area offers a variety of activities, should you wish to fill any of your free time with futher activities – please request our Alta sightseeing optional list.