TRAVEL PERIOD: 01.12.2023-31.03.2024
Experience a typical Norwegian winter in the enchanting area of Alta. The city is known as the city of the Aurora and is Northern Norway’s largest town, located in the inner reaches of the Altafjord. The city is surrounded by arctic tundra, mountain plateaus and costal landscapes which create a magical winter paradise.
- Day 1: Arrival in Alta Pick up at Alta airport and transfer to hotel. Enjoy the rest of your day at leisure in Alta. Accommodation in a 3-star hotel in Alta.
- Day 2: Dog Sledding & Northern Lights You will spend the day on a husky dog sled excursion. In the evening your next adventure will be a Northern Lights chase. Accommodation in a 3-star hotel in Alta.
Day 3: Snow Shoeing & Icefishing
Today, you will put on snowshoes and hike to a frozen lake, where you will try and catch your own Arctic Char for lunch.
Accommodation in a 3-star hotel in Alta.
- Day 4: Snowmobiling Get ready for an adrenaline rush – today you will head on a snowmobile excursion. Accommodation in a hotel in Alta city centre..
- Day 5: Departure You will be transported from the hotel back to the airport according to your flight schedule.
• 4 nights hotel accommodation in Alta with breakfast
Transport & Transfers
• Return airport transfers
• Husky Sled Excursion
• Northern Lights Chase
• Snowshoe & Icefishing Excursion
• Snowmobile Excursion
The Alta area offers a variety of activities, should you wish to fill any of your free time with futher activities – please request our Alta sightseeing optional list. Alta Borealis and Tromsø Borealis can be combined, using Artic route or local transportation.
Don’t forget to check out the Northern Lights Cathedral with its intriguing outside design and circular shape that will remind us of the aurora borealis.