A Taste of Norway
TRAVEL PERIOD: ALL YEAR
A Taste of Norway
This is the perfect tour for those who wish to see Norway’s southern coastline in all its glory. The trip kicks off in Norway’s vibrant capital, and then you get whisked away to the fjords on the west coast. Picturesque fishing villages, a seemingly endless coastline dotted with islands and charming cities welcome you to Southern Norway.
- Day 1: Arrival in Oslo One nights accommodation in a centrally located hotel in Oslo city centre.
- Day 2: Norway in a Nutshell Train journey from Oslo to Flåm, aboard the Bergensbanen and the famous Flåm Railway. From Flåm, you will cruise through the picturesque Nærøyfjord and then head to Bergen. Evening arrival in Bergen. Two nights accommodation in the city centre.
- Day 3: Bergen Enjoy your day at leisure in Bergen.
- Day 4: Bergen – Stavanger Today, you will take the ferry from Bergen to Stavanger. Two nights accommodation in the city centre.
- Day 5: Pulpit Rock (Preikestolen) Today, you will go on a 3-hour minicruise to the Lysefjord, with views of the Pulpit Rock (Preikestolen) 600 metres above the fjord.
- Day 6: Stavanger – Kristiansand From Stavanger you travel by train to Kristiansand. One nights accommodation in the city centre.
- Day 7: Kristiansand – Oslo Today you will complete your journey by taking the train back to Norway’s capital city – Oslo. One nights accommodation in the city centre.
- Day 8: Departure Departure according to your own itinerary.
• 2 nights in a centrally located hotel in Oslo with breakfast
• 2 nights in a centrally located hotel in Bergen with breakfast
• 2 nights in a centrally located hotel in Stavanger with breakfast
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Kristiansand with breakfast
Transport & Transfers
• Train from Oslo to Myrdal (Standard class with seat reservation)
• Train from Myrdal to Flåm on the Flåm Railway
• Fjordcruise Nærøyfjord from Flåm to Gudvangen
• Bus from Gudvangen to Voss
• Train from Voss to Bergen (Standard class, no seat reservation)
• Ferry from Bergen to Stavanger (This includes shuttle bus from port to city)
• Train from Stavanger to Kristiansand (Standard class with seat reservation)
Excursions & Activities
• Cruise to Lysefjord & Preikestolen