TRAVEL PERIOD: Autumn & Winter
Finish Lapland offers a wintery paradise that has attracted visitors from all around the globe. Snow covered forests, the Northern lights, clear days and numerous activities are a few of the attractions that keep visitors returning year after year, oh and of course Santa Claus himself. This tour has been modified to offer two of our favouite properties in Finish Lapland. Both are suitable for families and couples. Travelling from Saariselka to Rovaniemi (or v.v) is an experience on its own and will offer you a true glimpse of life in Finnish Lapland. Do not be surprised to see our reindeer friends en-route.
- Day 1: Arrival in Ivalo Arrival at Ivalo Airport and transfer to Wilderness hotel Muotka. Muotka is a paradise tucked away in the taiga forest. The location offers possibilities to enjoy several winter activities, or to simply enjoy your breath-taking surroundings. For the next three nights the Panorama Log Cabins will be home. These rustic cabins are cozy and yet spacious with a large panorama window, some which overlook the forest. Dinner and Accommodation in Panorama Log Cabin
- Day 2-3: Muotka Breakfast at the hotel. We recommend that you pre-book one of the many excursions available. Autumn activities include many possibilities to view the Aurora borealis and to enjoy tours inspired by nature. Winter excursions offer the chance to experience – snowmobiles, ice fishing, huskies and reindeer excursions as well as many more thrilling possibilities. Dinner and Accommodation in Panorama Log Cabin
- Day 4: Saariselka – Rovaniemi After breakfast you will travel by local bus from Muotka to Rovaniemi, where you will be picked up and transferred to the special venue of Apukka. Apukka is positioned between two lakes and only 15 minutes from the city centre, here you can experience tradition, nature and genuine Finnish hospitality. Dinner and accommodation in the beautifully designed kammi suites.
- Day 5 & 6: Apukka Breakfast is served in the main restaurant. We recommend that you pre-book an excursion. All excursions are run by the resort, offering guests the best of an authentic experience. We have created a list of recommended excursions possible in the Autumn and Winter seasons. . Besides the top selection in Winter which includes, reindeer, huskies, snowmobiles we would like to recommend the snow train where you have the possibility to enjoy the surrounding nature in a new and comfortable way. The Apukka sauna experience, which includes a traditional sauna, an ice sauna as well as sauna bathing is also an absolute must. Dinner and accommodation in the beautifully designed kammi suites.
- Day 7: Departure After breakfast, say goodbye to Apukka and transfer to Rovaniemi airport according to your flight reservations.
• 3 nights in a panorama cabin at Muotka with breakfast and dinner
• 3 nights in a Kammi suite at Apukka with breakfast and dinner. Winter clothing at Apukka included.
Transport & Transfers
• All Transfers included
A shuttle bus to and from Santa Claus holiday village runs from the nearby Vaattunki Wilderness resort. The Apukka husky farm is located just across the road from the resort. Be sure to arrange a cuddle with the huskies.