Historical Fjords Exclusive
TRAVEL PERIOD: 01.05.2022 – 30.09.2022
Historical Fjords Exclusive
Enjoy this package offering an ‘Exclusive’ Norwegian self-drive itinerary. On this tour, we offer you the opportunity to stay in style and comfort and enjoy outstanding beauty and breath-taking scenery. You will pass several fjords. Experience scenic cruises, spectacular mountain crossings and memories to last a lifetime, and you travel on board the well-known Hurtigruten. Start and end the tour in Bergen, the city known as the gateway to the fjords.
- Day 1: Arrival in Bergen Arrival in Bergen according to your own itinerary. Bergen is Norway’s second largest city and the world’s only city surrounded by 7 mountains and 7 fjords. Accommodation at Bergen Børs in a superior room.
- Day 2: Bergen – Balestrand Breakfast at the hotel. Drive from Bergen heading in a northeast direction via Voss and across the Vika Mountain to Vik. A short ferry crossing (not included) will take you across the Sognefjord to Balestrand, a charming village by the fjord.
- Day 3: Balestrand After breakfast, you will have your day at leisure in one of the cutest villages in the fjord – calm and serene, Balestrand will charm you. Go for a walk or visit a glacier (excursion not included) and relax in your hotel which has so many stories to tell.
- Day 4: Balestrand – Geiranger Breakfast at the hotel. Continue in northern direction via Stryn to Hellesylt where you will depart on a 1-hour ferry crossing along the Geirangerfjord. The fjord was added to the UNESCO world heritage list in 2005 and is truly a spectacular sight with its waterfalls and steep hills.
- Day 5: Geiranger Breakfast at the hotel. This day is at your own leisure. We recommend a visit at the Norwegian Fjord Centre, where you can learn how people lived along the steep edges of the fjords.
- Day 6: Geiranger – Troll Road – Håholmen Breakfast at the hotel. Depart Geiranger by car up the Eagle Road which offers panoramic view of the Geirangerfjord. A short ferry crossing (not included) will bring you to Linge where you will continue by car to the Troll Road, one of Norway’s best-known tourist attractions. From Åndalsnes the drive continues in northern direction across the Langfjord in direction of Molde before arriving in Håholmen, which is located at the Atlantic Road – a stunning drive, rated as one of the best road trips.
- Day 7: Håholmen – Trondheim Breakfast at the hotel. This morning will take you further on the Atlantic road. This road zigzags across low bridges that jut out over the sea. Follow the sharp turns and wild nature all the way to Kristiansund. Continue to Trondheim, Norway’s 3rd largest city. The city was founded by Viking King Olav Tryggvason in 997 BC and was Norway’s first capital. Today, it continues to be the coronation city where Norway’s Kings have been crowned and blessed.
- Day 8: Trondheim – Hurtigruten Breakfast at the hotel before departure at 10 am by Hurtigruten, described as the world’s most beautiful sea voyage. The overnight cruise from Trondheim to Bergen starts through the Trondheimsfjord and along Trondheimsleia channel, before continuing southwards to Kristiansund and Molde. Accommodation & Dinner in outside cabin on Hurtigruten.
- Day 9: Hurtigruten Bergen Morning at sea. Enjoy your breakfast and the beautiful coastal scenery during the last part of the cruise to Bergen. You will experience magnificent fjord- and archipelago scenery, before the ship arrives at its destination.
- Day 10: Departure Breakfast at your hotel and departure according to your own itinerary.
• 2 nights in a centrally located hotel in Bergen with breakfast (superior room)
• 2 nights in a centrally located hotel in Balestrand with breakfast and dinner (room with fjord view)
• 2 nights in a centrally located hotel in Geiranger with breakfast and dinner (room with fjord view)
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Håholmen with breakfast and dinner
• 1 night in a centrally located hotel in Trondheim with breakfast (superior room)
• 1 night in an outside cabin on Hurtigruten with breakfast and dinner & car reservation
Transport & Transfers
• Hellesylt – Geiranger
Services that are not included
•Rental car – rates can be offered on request
•Ferry Crossings as follows are to be paid on the spot: Vangsnes – Dragsvik, Eidsdal – Linge, Kanestraum – Halsa