Hunting The Lights
TRAVEL PERIOD: ALL YEAR
Hunting The Lights
Tromsø is the largest city north of the polar circle and it also holds the largest university, the largest brewery and largest cathedral of the north. The town is also known as the gate to the Arctic Sea. The Lofoten islands consists of mountains and sharp peaks, open waters and sheltered bays, beaches and wide, untouched areas. Like a rocky wall, they stretch towards the south-west into the ocean. Thanks to the gulf stream, the climate is much milder than in other areas of the world, located on the same degree of latitude
- Day 1: Arrival in Tromsø Upon your arrival in Tromsø (flight on own arrangement), your bus is already waiting to pick you up and bring you to your hotel in the city.
- Day 2: Tromsø City Tour Today you will go on a city tour. One of the main attractions to be visited is the Arctic Cathedral. At the end of the day, you will take the cable car “Fjellheisen¨ to reach Tromsø’s local mountain. From up there you can enjoy the fantastic view over the city, surrounded by mountains and fjords.
Day 3: Hurtigruten
The day is free at your own disposal. At 11.45 PM you board the legendary Hurtigruten. During your time on board, you will experience a unique sea voyage, which is second to none worldwide!
- Day 4: Hurtigruten You spend most of the day onboard of the Hurtigruten, where you will experience the wonderful, wintery coast of Norway. In the evening, you arrive in Svolvær, the capital of the Lofoten islands. Upon your arrival, a bus is waiting to bring you to your hotel. Your hotel is located directly by the sea, therefore, the chance to see the fascinating northern lights is relatively high. During clear nights, you might even be able to see them almost from your bed.
- Day 5: Lofoten Enjoy your day in the gorgeous Lofoten islands with a guided sightseeing tour.
- Day 6: Lofoten This day is at your own disposal. We will be happy to advise on different options!
- Day 7: Departure It is time to say goodbye to the magnificent Lofoten islands. A transfer will take you from your hotel to the Airport (EVE), from where you will start your journey home.
• 5 x overnight/s in dbl/twin rooms with private facilities
• 1 x overnight cruise Tromsø – Svolvær with Hurtigruten (double-cabins Inside)
• 6 x Scandinavian breakfast buffet
• 3 x Dinner (Buffet or 3 course menu) in Lofoten
Transport & Transfers
• Bus services and transfers according to program
Excursions & Activities
• Guided sightseeing tour of Tromsø incl. entrance in Arctic Cathedral “Ishavskatedralen”
• Guided sightseeing tour in Lofoten
One person free of charge from fifteen paying persons.